Skip to main content

12/10/07 Thank - A - tudes


12/10/2007 THANK-A-TUDES
1. I didn't get ditched today (My walking partner started working until midnight and is unable to get up at 6 a.m. to walk many days now...but today she got up and we walked!!!!)
2. I can wear a sweater outside and not freeze. ( I love it here in the spring, fall and winter!)
3. Seeing the delight on my little girls faces as we plan their princess party for Friday this week.  (They are turning 4 and 6 this week and will have their first birthday party ever -- with friends)
4. Santa's lists can now be emailed by my pre-teens to "Mr. Santa" - what will they think of next???  We get full color pictures of what they want and can simply click a few buttons and what they want will come right to our door steps if we are wealthy enough!!!!
5. Memories of Saturday's dance recital - holy cow were those kids cute!  I'll have to send you a picture of my little ballerina's next time I write from home!

12/12/2007 THANK-A-TUDE
1. I AM NOT IN THE SITUATION ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE IN -- DUI, ASSAULTS, DRUGS, TRAFFIC TICKETS ETC.
2. RS IS HAVING DINNER TONIGHT - (DON'T HAVE TO EAT CHILI DOGS WITH THE KIDS!!!)
3. ANDY FOUND ROCK BAND FOR THE KIDS TONIGHT - (THEY ARE ALL SHARING A CHRISTMAS PRESENT AND WE DIDN'T THINK WE'D BE ABLE TO GET IT...IT'S ALL SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE.)
4. MY JAW ISN'T WIRED SHUT. (ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS IS...WHAT COULD YOU EAT????)
5.  WE ARE GOING TO GET OUT OF COURT AT A DECENT TIME TONIGHT...I'M JUST SURE OF IT!!!!!

12/17/2007 THANK-A-TUDES

1. Nobody in our family is sick.
2. The sun is shining bright -- it is cold out but we have no snow!!!!
3. I have a job that really needs me. (double edged sword!)
4. My husband loves me even when I'm cranky.
5. Staff Meeting is cancelled so I am working through my lunch and going the the Gym after work!!!!!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...