Skip to main content

06/06/19 Accepted Offer on 1046 N 1700 E, St George

Wednesday, June 5 Andy and I took off the afternoon to go look at some more houses. We went and saw a house off Riverside in St. George and another down in the fields. Andy really like the one off Riverside but it was really not a great location for anybody. The one out in the fields was pretty nice but we weren't ready to make an offer. It was a home getting ready to go into foreclosure and the pool water was green and scary looking. The inside of the house was very nice -- it had been remodeled recently -- had a few more things that needed done. The yard was a little overgrown but had potential. We decided to pray on it for the evening.

Wednesday afternoon (before YW) we all scoured zillow looking for another home because nothing felt quite right. We looked at the zillow map and all the houses for sale in the area we wanted to be. We found a home in Middleton that was only on the market 5 days - it was newer (only 4 years old) and had no pool but it backed up Forest Park. We decided to hurry and eat and go take a look at it. We drove by and the street was quiet. We walked the park and it was peaceful and beautiful. We decided to knock on the door and see if they'd let us come look.

An older couple welcomed us in. The home was beautiful and the backyard gate led to a path down to the park. So peaceful and nice. We love it!

We went home and let our realtor know that we wanted to put an offer in. The next day he put in an offer and the offer was accepted by the 5 p.m. deadline.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...