Skip to main content

06/14/25 Pre-Yellowstone

Last year for Christmas I purchased a vacation to Yellowstone for the kids and us. The dates for the Yellowstone cabin were June 16-June 20. We decided to break the trip up a little and drive up the weekend before and drive home the weekend after. Also, because Katie got married, and Dallas has limited time off, he was unable to take his family on the trip. We stayed at his house and got some twin time in before we continued north. 

Aspen and John moved to Pennsylvania and are in Utah for the summer. On our way up north we stopped at Becky's house to see them and their sweet new baby. 






Erik recently got a new job so he was also not able to join us on our trip. Holly became our little girl again and traveled with us. 


Holly and Millie




My dad's been in the care center so we stopped by to visit him. He's being well cared for. He is struggling to put sentences together. We came and went to church with him at the care center. He's been asking for a really good pizza. So we went and got him one. He's always had a good appetite. He ate his lunch from the care center, 2 pieces of pizza and an ice cream bar for lunch that day. I think it made him pretty happy!



Pizza coma
The satisfied sleep after a good meal!



My babies enjoying a cartoon!

Shelly and Ellie

Ellie

Andy, Emie, Shelly

Shelly & DJ

DJ & Emie

Millie, Ellie, Emie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

06/27/25 Drew Ellerman's Retirement Party

Steve Whittekiend, Kelly Carlson in front Mayor Kress Staheli in back Thad Seegmiller back of head Police Chief Jason Williams, Councilman Troy Belliston Jordan Hess, Councilman Bret Henderson, Finance Brian Brown Mayor Kress Staheli and Councilman Craig Coats Danice Bulloch (former City Recorder), Shelly Griffin Hana Park and Tara Pentz (current recorders) April and Drew Ellerman April & Drew Ellerman, Kathy Spring (former assistant to Drew) Bonnie Baker (current assistant) and Drew Drew