Skip to main content

05/06/17 Delivering breakfast

This morning the bishop texted me to tell me he had some leftover's from Father's and Son's outing that he'd like me to distribute to ward members.  He specifically asked for one and then said to find others to deliver the rest to.

I went to the first home he had requested to find her not there.  I left the non-perishable items and texted her to find out if she'd be around to receive the others.  She said she would not.

I then went to the Ivie's home -- Tammy was asleep but her husband and two boys were so excited to receive chocolate milk and eggs and orange juice.  You would have thought it was Christmas time!  It was fun to see their happy faces.  They told me about scouting and their Sunday teacher.  They were super cute and happy!

I think tried to deliver some to Sister Babbitt...She had a gate and a note that said do not disturb.  I called Bishop and he said it was ok to disturb...I tried to call, knock, ring the bell...nothing.  I really think someone was there but I had NO luck!  Bishop said not to leave anything since it would go bad if they weren't around. Bummer!

I then went to Nay's house -- their kids were leaning out the bedroom window and also excited about getting breakfast goodies!

I headed to Jen Field's house --and had a really nice visit with her.  I stayed about 1/2 hour and she seemed to really love every minute of it. She showed me her rock collection and talked about the death's they've had this year and extended family problems.  The ward has been trying to activate the family -- the kids have started getting involved in scouts a little.  She invited me to come back another time and "play" with her.  It was a fun visit!

I really enjoy taking unexpected goodies to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!