Skip to main content

08/20/25 Max out of pocket reached early again...hospital here we come

As is customary, within 7-10 days from returning from a trip we go to the hospital. 

We stayed out of the ocean -- while we were in the Bahamas -- in order to keep Andy healthy. (We have determined that he has been getting infections through his swollen legs or cuts on his feet.) 

Andy did not get infection from being naughty! haha

BUT he somehow picked up COVID!  What the heck?!

On Sunday last week (Aug 10) he started having a scratchy throat, voice. It got worse and most of last week he had laryngitis.  That resolved itself and he was feeling pretty fine. We had a full Wednesday. Around 9 p.m. he said he was feeling a little funky/woozy, whatever. Off?!  

We went to bed and his temperature reading was still below normal but he was having body aches and shivering. We tried to sleep but he was clearly in pain and tossing and turning. 

About 1:00 a.m. I got up and checked his temperature...100. Hmm. I looked at his legs and it looked like he might possibly have the beginning of the red rashes (which by the way came and went over the next couple of days but turned out not to be a factor). 

He was sleeping but kind of restless. I waiting 1/2 hr and took his temperature again. 100.9. I woke him up and said, we need to go in. He was resistant but agreed. When he arrived his temp was still climbing and he was feeling bad. 

They performed so many tests on him. Then they gave him anti nausea meds, saline and pain meds. They then left us alone for about 2 hours for the tests to come back. When they returned, they said he had COVID. 

The way I figure he was on about day 7 of the usual 10...but why the heck did he spike a fever after not having one the first week?  Who knows!

But this was actually a lot easier to battle than the past cellulitis/sepsis illnesses. 

I'm happy to report that he felt better within a couple of days. 

(He had a colonoscopy scheduled for Thursday - which they made him postpone - so NEXT Thursday that will be on the calendar!)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!