Skip to main content

10/10/95 Journal Entry - Still no house!!!! But feeling blessed

10/10/95

Still no house - maybe this week.  Haha.

Money ran out of the last issue on the people right before us.  More money may come in at a lower rate.  We'll have to see.

Dallas is really growing up in a hurry. He is crawling very well on his knees, standing up on things and moving while holding furniture.  He's been really fussy this past week.  Maybe a cold or teeth.  I don't know.  I held him on the coucn all night Saturday. he is really a mama's boy and cries when I leave or come in the room.

AJ is also growing up fast.  He's so independent.  He knows what he wants and often gets it.  Saturday Gma and Gpa Griffin were leaving to go home and Aj said, "Where are you going?". Grandma says, "Home to Salt Lake City."  AJ says, "Ok, just a minute I'll get my shoes on!"

He is a really good looking little boy.  I sure am lucky to have such a neat family.

Andy's been busy training Dean Rock.  Last two weeks he doubled his normal take home pay cause he had so much overtime.  Poor guy!  Soon he should be down to 40 hours a week I hope!  Miss the $ but love to get to know my honey again!

Need to lose 10 lbs from Dallas.  Nursing seem to have REALLY increased my appetite.  I walk 2 miles most days but it doesn't seem to help.  Dallas is almost weaned.  1 or 2 feedings is all now so hopefully I'll see a decrease in my appetite and weight.

I feel really blessed.  We paid $600 in tithing and Andy started getting mega overtime and I have found most things I want and need on sale or at yard sales.  I paid another $200 this week. I'm trying to stay on top of it.  I know it's important but it sure is a tuff concept when I think of all that we could use the money for.  I just have to have faith and know that the Lord will bless us if we do it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...