Skip to main content

08/28/10 Aj turns 19!

08/28/10

AJ turned 19 today.  We had a fun get together at Gma and Gpa Laurito's house.  Eldon and Diane, Johnny, Marcus, Laura, Rachel, Seth, Miranda, Duncan and Drake and all of us were there. It was fun.  The boys played football at AJ's request.

The girls and I went to the pool Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week.  The Turner's pass ended yesterday and they wanted to get their $ worth!  We love to swim!

I have been working on losing weight for quite some time.  Took me over a year to lose 10 lbs (40 is tough!)  This week I made my second goal and hit 145.  I will try to maintain that for awhile.  (My weight likes to fluctuate)

Andy is doing great. He lost 60 lbs.  It has helped for us to both be trying.

I go to work out every day from 6-7 a.m.  I like spinning on M and F, walking on W, weights on T & H.  Then swim any chance I get. In addition I try to walk to the kids to school and me to work about 1 mile every day.  I don't usually walk home.  With the kids new schedule I've had to cut my workout 15-20 minutes every day.  Hopefully it won't make me gain weight again.

Tomorrow is Taylor Squires farewell.  He leaves on his mission next Wednesday.  Should be fun to see everyone at Ben and Laura's tomorrow. They are expecting a large crowd.

We are getting our counter tops replaced next Thursday.  We like to do one improvement each year to the house.  Should look really nice.  We got a new kitchen floor last year. So the kitchen should look really good. My stove is ugly but everything else is nice.  (I can't replace it because it keeps working so well!!!)

Time seems to fly by!  I have a hard time remembering when things happened and days just zoom by.  So much to do, so little time!  I guess that's good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...