Skip to main content

03/11/12 Long week -- busy work & illness

3/11/12




Well this has been a long hard week!  Nothing really bad...just seemed like extra busy and hard and tired!
Kathy's husband (my helper at work) went into the hopsital last Thursday.  So she has been pretty much gone for 7 working days now.  He has been really sick.  I haven't heard an update so I guess no news is good news at this point.  He will probably make it but he has been so sick he might have preferred the alternative several of the days!
My volunteer worker went to Colorodo last weekend and caught the gamboo...so she didn't come in on Monday.  She usually spends about 3 hours and enters all my new citations in the computer.
My community service worker also got the gamboo and called out.  The 2 hours she was in the office on Wednesday she was hacking and sneezing and politely asked her if she didn't want to go home ... NOW ... and thanks for coming yada yada.
So that left me on my own like the good ol days...only we handle a lot more cases these days!!!!  On Tuesday night between video court and night court we handled about 70 cases.  So yeah, needless to say, work has been...challenging!  (It does go quickly for the most part though).
Oh yeah. And the finale to the work week.  Friday morning came in ready to "clean up" the balance of the week and the state computer system was DOWN.  Basically they hi-jack all your records when that happens.  I had NO access to ANYTHING.  For 4 hours.  Then I went home.  When I got home there was an email that said they came back up at 12:15.  Yeah.  Ok.  But I was D.O.N.E!!!!  I didn't go back which means tomorrow probably won't be the easiest Monday ever!
Dallas texted from school about 12:30 on Friday and said I needed to come get Bryce, he was NOT well.  Bryce started running a fever last Sunday but went to school all week (because he is stubborn and just like other people in his family).  It was the end of quarter and he wanted to get all A's again and there was work to be done.  Anyway, Dallas said I needed to take Bryce to the dr.  They had Math class together and Bryce was hacking the whole time and it was not pleasant and they both agreed a dr visit was in order.
So I went and found Bryce in Seminary about 1 p.m.  Banished.  The teacher had removed him and put him in a chair in the corner.  I think he was pretty glad to have me remove him!  We got lucky at the dr. and were able to get right into the walk in clinic.  By 2:30 we had completed the exam, and x-ray and were on our way to the pharmarcy for some antibiotics and heavy duty cough syrup.  Bryce has "influenza" and pre-pnemonia.  He had fluid on his lungs and the dr. was worried it would develop into pnemonia if Bryce didn't nip it in the bud.  So he was immediately put on 4 days home confinement.  Not sure if he is going to make the Disney trip but he is really hopeful.  That is 7 a.m. Tuesday.  He had a fever Saturday and threw up (due to cough drops he said???....not a stomach ailment) -- I tend to agree...he only had one episode and was able to eat again shortly after.  He has been dehydrated and oogy.
The girls have been keeping us busy with Soccer practices and games.  We've played 4 games so far this year and they have won 3 out of 4.  Yesterday Holly was gowlie and the other team didn't score against them AND she made her teams only goal.  The final 1-0 for Holly's team.  She was pretty happy.  Funny too cause she didn't want to go in the second half and her coach kinda made her ... for 5 minutes...which I guess was all she needed!
We spent 1 hour walking around the soccer field selling g.s. cookies and then 2 hours on Telegraph selling cookies.  They were selling pretty well.  I know we made over $500 on Saturday.  The troop was out for about 5 hours I think.
I took the girls swimming and ran into Gene Hanson and his 2 little girls.  That was fun!   They are 8 and 6 now and cute girls.  The little one said she didn't remember me but she went down the slide with me 3 times and played with me and the girls for the better part of an hour. Then some little kid barfed in the pool and we decided that was enough fun for one day!
The weather is beautiful here and we had BBQ at the back table last night.  A nice ending to a too busy week.  I think my head hit the pillow about 9:30 or 10 last night and I slept like a dead woman until dad's early meeting today.  
Spring forward on the clocks this week so we'll all be a little messed up I'm afraid!  
Oh well.  That about sums up the week.  Making rolls and potatos and jello and heading up to Gma's for dinner.  Wendy and the older girls and Aaron will be there for dinner too.  They are moving back to their old house this weekend and Edy started his job as Santa Clara City Mgr last week.  Crazy time in their life.  I guess my week was probably easier then theirs!  Maddy went to prom last night and then moved this a.m.  Crazy!  Funny they really wanted to move back and now that they are they are a little hesitant...started realizing all the friends they had made and stuff.  Tuff to do that to a kid in high school like that.  You're welcome that we never did that to you!!!! (I'm thankful my parents never did that to me too!)

K, gotta run.  Love you lots. XOXO Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...