Skip to main content

04/01/05 90 day countdown until Rod & Jean come home from their mission

4/1/2005
LETTER TO ROD & JEAN GRIFFIN (IN THE MISSION FIELD - Cherry Hill NJ mission)


Elder Griffin enjoying a small ice cream cone in Jersey!


Thanks for the letter.  It was really nice.  Brought a tear to my eye.  Most of the time I’m pretty ok about losing mom but I do miss her.  She was always more than just a mom, she was my special friend.  She was a big supporter of whatever I did and always made me feel like I was her favorite child.  I’m glad she is not suffering anymore though and I know her and her best friend Terry (died when I was 19) are probably kicking up their heels and having a blast.

I told Andy we should buy a 90 day supply of dog food (or however many days we have till you get home) and start the countdown!  I joke with Andy that I don’t know if I am more happy that you are coming home or that Millie will be leaving…
Elder and Sister Griffin ready for a baptism.

You know that I am more happy about you coming home though!!!

We like to complain about Millie but she is a good dog and you shouldn’t feel bad about us having her.  The girls love her and she is pretty quiet and well behaved most of the time.


Holly sharing dum-dum with Millie


We have already mowed the lawn 2x this year and it needs it again this week.  I love the spring.  I enjoy getting outside and working in the yard.  It makes me forget all the little annoyances of life.  Hopefully this weekend I will go and buy some tomatoes to plant.  Do you want anything planted in my little garden?  Will it be too late to plant when you get home?  Last year is the first year I had any real success with planting and it was cool.  I think it was the magic dirt I bought at star nursery.  I may need to buy some more of that stuff.
Well I hope you have some cushions for your long sitting…I hope to listen while I work around the house Saturday.  Probably I won’t get as much out of it but maybe I would.  I tend to fall asleep if I don’t keep busy!


Take care.  

We are really proud of you and glad you will be home soon!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...