Skip to main content

04/26/15 Aj's graduation ceremony at BYU

4/26/2015
Aj receiving his diploma from BYU


AJ at graduation from BYU

The long awaited congratulatory kiss!

Awe, come on...Dad!

Proud mama and papa with Graduate

Grandma Suzanne and Grandpa Ray with AJ

Momma's boy! (last time we graduated together
he was in my belly for my graduation!)

Dad's giving some advice. 























Holly and Riley girls at the end of year party at
Washington Elementary School
Are you loving being in the big city again? How's your new comp and area? Looks like you aren't too far from your old area and the mission home. Tried to google your address but it didn't come up to you'll have to take some pix of your place for me!


This week has been super busy.  Monday night there was a neighborhood block party.  The Clark's are so social and start up all this fun stuff.  They hosted.  Most everyone came -- good turn out.  We had burgers and dogs and lots of sides.  The ladies chatted while the men and children played basketball for a LONG time.  I think they enjoyed it.


Tuesday was a long court and the girls do piano and soccer and volleyball while I'm gone and dad usually works.  So the house is empty and everyone is off doing their thing.


Adelin DelToro, Katie, Gwen Scott & friend
on YW hike.
Wednesday we had a camp meeting with the YW and made our banners. Decided on shirts to order.  Made caramel popcorn.  Talked to Chantel a little.  She's kinda serious about Darin Taylor and I think he is back too but his parents are not keen on it and are cutting back all their time together.  So she's bummed.  I think they are sending him to Canada for the summer and then to Snow College so I told her she probably needed to let that one go!


Thursday we got the kids off to school and then me and dad road tripped up to Riverton.  AJ met us at grandpa's and we went to Sweet Tomatoes (a buffet up there) and visited.  It was nice.  I think AJ enjoyed his alone time.   It's been a long time since he got his mommy and daddy to himself!  It was fun for us too!  Friday morning at 8 a.m. we had to be in Provo for graduation.  We listed to Sheri Dew give a really good talk and then waited for  over an hour for AJ to cross and get his diploma holder.  Lucky for us he is about 18" taller than everyone else so I didn't miss the picture!  We walked to the BYU bookstore and then went to Sizzler for an earlylunch with Ray and Suzanne and us.  It really was fun to celebrate AJ!


Several of the people were mother daughter graduating at the same time.  Told AJ it would be cool if we could get our masters at the same time as him.  He said "Do it!".  Ahhh....no.  Dad can if he wants but I don't think I want to go back to school.  We do have 3 years to do it though and a lot of the programs only take 2...so there is still time to decide!  


Katie and Adelin
Friday night we had girl scouts at 4 and dad had to go right to work.  After girl scouts the girls and I mowed, edged, blew, cleaned up the yard.  And just in time too.  It was raining pretty hard right about the time we finished.


Katie and friends taking a break. 
Saturday morning Katie and I went at 7 a.m. for the YW hikes.  We did about 4.5 miles.  Then Katie and Holly had soccer. In the pouring rain.  With thunder and lightening (rain delay during Holly's game).  They were so soaked.  Like completely soaked.  We went to DI and Albertson's and then came home and finished cleaning the grout and ate late dinner with Dad (he was covering a game from 4-7 p.m.)  Then the girls watched a movie and me and dad watched Elementary.  (Ok I watched 15 minutes worth and then just enjoyed sleeping next to dad!).


So yes, super non stop busy week.  I think I'm more tired having 3 days off then after a usual week.  But it was a good week!  


Walked 5 miles this morning and getting ready to head to church and grandma's later.  


Probably better get to bed early again tonight so I won't be too tired to work next week.  Cause it's probably gonna be a busy week!!!


Can't wait to hear all about your week!!!  Make sure and give us lots of details about your new area!  XOXO mom







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...