Skip to main content

09/01/04 AJ's 13th Birthday & cubscouts

9/1/2004 LETTER TO BECKY


Chase Family


The disc came with the package.  It was a pretty good deal I think – I got 2 sheets of each kid, the disc, the bonus smiles card, a photo magnet kit and a mini photo album scrap book type thing for $39.99.  For $6.99 I got the family picture packet which comes with more photos then you’ll ever be able to use in a life time.  My next picture session is 10% off and the one after that is free.  So I’ll probably take Katie and Holly in at Christmas time for their 1 yr old and 3 yr old pictures.  I told Andy I won’t make him to another family photo again for awhile – just had to get one with Holly in it!


Bryce Griffin & Dillon Chase

Mom was really good Friday and Saturday but by Sunday she didn’t feel good again.  She read to the kids and helped with Katie in the middle of the night Friday night.  Sunday morning she was having a stomach ache and not moving very well.  She got up and dressed close to 1 p.m. and they left just before we left for church.


Aj had a nice birthday.  Grandpa took us out to Golden Corral and Grandma had them come sing to AJ.  Katie started crying when they all came over clapping and singing.  It was funny.  AJ was surprised (we all were) since Grandma asked them while we were all getting our food.  Sunday I made calzone’s for AJ’s birthday.  They kids loved them and helped make them.

Court was really busy last night but somehow we got through tons of stuff in 2 hours.  It is kind of amazing – seems like most nights we get done right close to 7 no matter what I stick on the calendar.  I was sure we’d be here till 8 last night but we got lucky.  






Cub scouts is going good.  We have a pack meeting next Tuesday and then the following Saturday we are doing an all day scout Day Camp.  Has Dillon done those?  They are really fun for the kids.  They do tons of stuff during the day that they can pass off in their books.  I have not planned anything after the day camp because I wanted to see what they do.  Last year I had done bunches of stuff and then when the kids went to day camp they re did a lot of it (you only get credit the first time).  So this summer we’ve been doing belt loops and pins and little excursions and swimming and then after this camp I’ll see where the kids are at and start from there.  I told you they split my group right?  I’ll just have Bryce’s group after this Day Camp.  I’ll have to try to get a couple of kids active because it is no fun with 2 or 3 kids.  I have 5 if I can get 2 to come out that have never come yet.  I heard through the grape vine they are calling the one kids mother to be my assistant to “force” him to come.  Hope it works!

Are you still teaching on Sunday’s?  Do you still like that?  I don’t think I could do that – my mind goes blank when I’m in front of people -  plus I’m not confident about all the church history etc that you would be teaching.  
Are your kids in school now?  Do they like it?
Well I better get busy.  I was supposed to be off at 2:30 today but I had a stupid WIC appointment and it took over an hour so now I can’t get off until 3:30 or 4.  
Do you guys get free or reduced lunches at school or do you send lunch every day?  Do your kids get breakfast too?  
Did I send you the email with the “why dad’s shouldn’t babysit?”  I think that is so funny.

Talk to you soon.  Sg.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...