Skip to main content

11/30/04 Dad's visit

11/30/2004 LETTER TO BECKY


Katie and Grandpa Laurito


The visit with Dad was nice.  He was pretty easy to have.  He brought his car full of stuff that we went through when he first got here.  He likes to watch the financial channel on the TV so he did that some.  I made 1 and ½ of my binders with the material you sent.  I didn’t have any more binders and needed some cardboard to do the inside of the 2nd binder so it’s only partly done.  I still don’t have pictures from you or Ruth from the funeral.  I also don’t have Ruth’s talk.  I wanted to put that in my binder.


Dad slept on the couch and made waffles for the kids.  It really was a nice visit.  He took us to golden corral for dinner Saturday night.  He was going to go home Sunday but the weather was bad so he went Monday morning.

The circus, circus buffet is cheap-- but it is also yucky.  At least when we went we didn’t care for it.  There are a lot of buy one get one free coupons out there and you may be able to get a “better” buffet for about the same price if you can find some. It seems like the LUXOR was a buffet on the strip that we went to and really enjoyed.  The best buffet down there is at Sam’s Town and the ‘round the world buffet over in Henderson.  Course they cost $$$.   I don’t think we’ll want to go to Las Vegas but I can ask Andy.  We got our share of Vegas when we had to go down monthly for our vending business.  It’ll be fun to have you all for dinner anyway – if the weather will behave.  

Our house is wonderful if we can get a sunny day so the kids can play outside.  It’s not nearly big enough if we have rain or really cold weather.  Keep your fingers crossed!

The embroidery sounds fun – did you find space to set up your machine without taking over your house?  I can’t think of anything I want to make up but if I do I’ll let you know.  



Well I have court in a couple of hours so I have to run.  I was going to call you but haven’t had time lately.  Talk to you soon. Sg.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...