Skip to main content

3/31/05 Dallas' 10th birthday, road trip to Layton for work

3/31/2005 LETTER TO BECKY

Dallas working on his old bike
 Dallas had a nice birthday.  He got a new big bike - the regular boy size
one was too small.  He has been so proud riding around in his new bike and
helmet (we bought the helmet for AJ and make them share it).  AJ had to have
one to do his 50 mile bike ride with the scouts.  He has done a 16 miler and
a 50 miler and has two 25 mile trips more to do to get his merit badge.  Wow
what a lot of work!!!!

Dad seems really sick to me and stubborn.  He insists he is "not that sick"
Dallas' 10th birthday...9 and 1! (Didn't have a 10)
but goes on hacking and wheezing and yucky.  I was kind of wishing he had
stayed home because we have been very healthy all winter and I DON'T WANT
SICK KIDS!!!!  (or husband)  But so far we don't have it...

I don't know anything about the walkie-talkies...I can ask the kids but I
haven't seen anything or heard them talking about them.

The easiest thing you can do with Sam and the dust is try to keep it dusted
always - It always get me when we "stir it up".  Get good filters in you're
a/c and heating vents etc.  That REALLY helps.  They cost more but it helps
to keep your house from getting nasty in the first place.

I have a trip to Layton City for a conference on May 25 and 26  I think -
Tuesday and Wednesday.  The bad thing about it -- it is the last week of
school for the kids so they won't be able to come up with me.  School gets
out on Wednesday or Thursday.  So I am trying to figure out how to do
this...

Enjoying his birthday!
My friend is going to bring me up.  Her daughter lives there and she wants
me to stay at her house (I don't really want to though).  I would like to
find a hotel within walking distance to Layton City that has a pool and
breakfast and enjoy some P&Q!!! (peace and quiet)  Andy talked about coming
up after school and spending the weekend.  I'm not sure if we'll do that or
not.  The city will pay for my hotel -- 2 nights maybe 3 but the family
won't be up there yet.

The other drawback is that I'll have to leave this place unattended for 1
week...

Anyway - let me know if you know if anything is close to Layton City or if
you have any ideas.  I'm sure you guys would come swim or something with me
in the evening right?  You go a week or two longer than us in school too
right?

I tried calling you a couple of times but always get the machine.  Is it
true that you are home and ignore the phone or are you just out a lot?  I
called this a.m. and yesterday p.m.

Talk soon!  Love ya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...