Skip to main content

6/16/04 Potty training, tight pants and fat guys pizza

Swim time Holly, Katie and Shelly
6/16/2004 LETTER TO BECKY

Holly is getting around better everyday.  No more teeth but the one she has sure is cute.  She is also sleeping better at night.  Andy usually gets her once and then she wakes up between 6-7am.  Usually put her to bed between 10-11pm.  He says some nights he doesn’t have to get her at all.  


Katie still isn’t potty trained but now she says, “mom, I’m peeing” as she wets her diaper.  She just doesn’t want to “go” potty.  Someone gave me pull-ups so she’s been wearing those and she can dress/undress all by herself.  I don’t know what the deal is.  Stickers and candy are no big deal to her.  I guess she’ll just start going when SHE feels like it!

Story time, Shelly, Holly & Katie
So are you guys still thinking of coming south or have you changed your minds?  Let me know if you are so I can check on room prices.  

Work has been busy but not overwhelming.  It’s a good volume.  I’m not bored ever but I’m not losing my mind either.  

Katie loving on Holly
I was complaining about not having anything to wear so Andy brought me home a pair of pants about a week ago.  Size 12.  WAY too big.  So we went back and got a Size 10.  They were really cute but were too short from the belly button to the crouch.  So we took them back and got a similar pair, Size 10 in a slightly different style.  WAY too big around the waist.  So I took them back.  Got a size 8.  They are considerably tighter around the waist.  What is the deal?????  I’m wearing them now but I’m wondering if they are TOO TIGHT!!!!!  Aaaagghh.  I’ve always been a perfect size 10 but now I’m not any size.  Even trying the clothes on in the dressing room doesn’t work – I get them home and they prove to be not quite a right fit.  But who can tell in 30 seconds in the dressing room while trying to hold Katie from escaping????

Tomorrow we are taking our cub scouts to a place called, 2 fat guys pizza.  They give the kids a tour.  Gave them all some dough.  Let them make a pizza, cook it and eat it.  Cool, huh?  I’m excited.  I think they will enjoy it.  

Well better get busy.  Had court last night so there is lots of paperwork to do.  Keep up the good work with your photo/video productions!!!  Bye.


Great Grandpa Leroy Griffin holding Holly
Surrounded by Katie, Dallas, AJ & Bryce Griffin


Shelly and Holly (6 months old)

Katie (2 1/2 years old) & AJ (12 years old)

Holly, 6 months old

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...