Skip to main content

03/17/17 Getting to know Grandpa Ray and Grandma Suzanne better


Who was interested in whom first?  Your Dad says I was and I say he was - after all, he tried to kiss me first!! I was living with my Mom in Draper.  I had gone to a big square dance in American Fork.  I was still a novice and when it got to a higher level of dancing the guys started dancing with the girls that were more advanced.  It is called A-1 where girls dance guys parts and guys dance girls parts.  A few of the girls who lost partners told me they were going to the LDS Single Adult Friday Night Dance in Orem and invited me to go.  I declined and they left.  A friend of mine, Gordon, said he was going to go and wanted me to come and dance with him.  I met him there and we danced for a while.  Then your Dad asked me to dance and we danced together the rest of the night. Your Dad went to the Friday night dances in Orem and Provo because they had one every week.  I had only gone to the dance held once a month in Holladay up here in SLC.  After that I went to Friday night dances down there and he started to come to the ones in SLC, too.  After 3 or 4 dances he asked me out and the rest is history!
Who is the most sensitive?  We both agree, I am.  
Who has the worst temper?  I say your Dad does.  He doesn't agree.
Who is the most social?  We both agree, I am.
Who is the hardest worker?  We agree we both are.
Who is the messier?  Well, we have been discussing this one and I think we will take the FIFTH:  We refuse to answer on the grounds it might incriminate us.
Who is the earlier riser?  Hands down, this is your Dad.  I like to sleep in the morning and stay up late at night. 
Who is the best cook?  Your Dad says I am.  One of my New Year's resolutions this year is to cook more of our meals at home.  It was a good start, but I have to work at it a lot harder.  We still eat out a lot.
Who cries more?  I do.  Recently I answered a question in our Spanish class workbook:   "Do you go to the movies often?"  I answered:  "I never go to the movies."  Our teacher said: "Mr. Pasta you must take Mrs. Pasta to see La La Land and Mrs. Pasta you buy the popcorn, okay?"  That same weekend your Dad took me to the movie and I bought the popcorn and drinks with his credit card.  We got to choose where we wanted to sit and we sat in adjustable theater chairs.  What an improvement from the old days.  The movie was full of dancing and singing and tears ran down my cheeks.
Who is the best singer?  We both agree, I am.  I always enjoy the times your Dad sings at Church.
Who is the best driver?  We discussed this question a lot.  We decided your Dad is a great driver and I am his navigation tool watching out the side view mirror on the freeway.
Who is the biggest spender?  I have to agree that I am.  However I recently replaced an electric can opener that we have kept for a few years even though it wouldn't tightly grab the can which sprayed out in the kitchen.
Who is the smarter?  This is a loaded question and I want to know if you and Andy have ever discussed this topic between yourselves without causing World War III!  We agree that we are EACH the smartest in our own specific areas of expertise.  I'll let him handle 
all the income taxes!  I know way more about medical topics.
By the way I was told of your email last night!. That is so great about AJ.  He has worked soooo hard and we are so proud of him.  Glad to hear he has a girlfriend.  Can you tell us any more about June 3rd?  You lucky ducks! That is so great you get to go to Hawaii!
I found out last week Tony and Marissa are having a girl!  Love to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!