Skip to main content

02/19/18 President's Day - Kiss Cam

 On the morning of President's Day Katie and friends went to the temple and did baptisms and then came back to the house and enjoyed waffles and pancakes.  Some of the kids stayed and watched Princess Bride and hung out for the afternoon.

Monday evening we all went to the Dixie State University basketball game (Andy had to work again!).  While there, Katie asked if she could go sit with Tyler (same guy that took her to prom...I think they kinda like each other!!!)
 We said...don't you think you should stay with your family for family night?! She decided to go sit with Tyler's family (she's with A FAMILY, right?!)

Anyway after halftime the "kiss cam" came on the jumbo tv and I look at it and there is Tyler and Katie!!!! And they are both red as can be and leaning away from each other.

The kiss cam went away from them and went to some other people.  And then came BACK TO THEM!!!!  They leaned further away from each other and were even brighter red!
Once again the camera went off of them and on to some other people and then BACK TO THEM AGAIN!!!!

Poor Katie and Tyler were just dying and Holly and I were really enjoying this game way too much!

Katie texted me afterward and said "Top 5 most embarrassing moments just now. I'm still shaking."

Tyler said after the game an older guy he didn't know came up to him and said, Don't worry fellow, you'll get her next time!

Found out afterward all this was courtesy of a family friend of Tyler's parents. Katie still doesn't want to talk about this and I still can't stop laughing!!!! Reminds me of the days of muddy butt. (AJ) Sigh.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...