Skip to main content

01/06/19 New Job!!!

In late November, Andy heard that Mike McGary was going to retire by the end of January. He had a road trip with him to Richfield and send out a text to the boss and started the process to apply for the job. It was a long slow process but three interviews later Andy was selected for the position of KDXU Program Director and On-air morning host/announcer at Cherry Creek Radio!


Andy Griffin and Mike McGary at the
Morris Murdock Travel Expo live remote.
 January 23, 2019

The job is on-air starting at 6 a.m. M-F. From 6 - 8:30 a.m. there is a news cycle with weather, news, sports, commercials etc. requiring lots of button pushing and perfect timing to make things click perfectly. at 8:30 a.m. there is a 1/2 hour paid interview show. And from 9-10 a.m. open Mic...a call in show where people can talk about whatever -- local events, national news, etc. Some days of the week there are guests such as Mayors, Police, local celebrities -- whatever!  

He found out mid-week in early January and started the next day. This new job required him to immediately stop working for Soutahnow.com as he now has a no-complete contract. It also required him to completely turn his schedule upside down.  He was staying up working late every night (sometimes until 5 a.m.!!!) and now he has to be up and out of bed by 5 a.m. to arrive at the radio station at 5:30 a.m.!!!

It's been nerve racking and fun but he thinks he's going to love it!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...