Skip to main content

06/05/20 What??? BABIES!!!! And a shower!

The first week of June was a harrowing one for the Griffin Family.  First Friday morning Dallas called to tell me they were on their way to the hospital and would likely be having the twins that day. WAY early.  30 weeks out of 40 possible...McKayla got the corona virus and her oxygen levels dropped to a worrisome level so the dr. decided to take them c-section. 

By Friday afternoon Kayla was in the ICU and the babies were in the NICU. And poor Dallas wasn’t allowed to visit either due to virus restrictions. He also couldn’t visit us because he was supposed to be quarantined since he’d been around Kayla. 

Kayla’s babyshower was scheduled for Saturday morning so our shower devolved from a shower, to a drive by, to a virtual shower. We were able to bring Kayla up on Facetime for a bit of it!!!  The presents sat in the living room for a couple of weeks as we waited for them to be up to opening presents! We eventually Facetimed and opened them for them a couple weeks later.

Also going on that weekend Rachel’s daughter Evie was taken to the hospital and diagnosed with meningitis. They were very worried about her. 

Then Sunday morning that same weekend Marcus was struck by lightning while on a walk and life flighted to Utah Valley Medical Center. So by Sunday the first week of June we had 5 members of our family in several hospitals throughout the state!!! 

And none of them was Grandma...who was the most likely candidate as she had been so sick for so long. Needless to say as all situations resolved themselves in a favorable manner many prayers of thanks were given.  

The twins were born healthy. Kayla recovered from corona. Evie got over meningitis. Marcus is getting his hearing back and his other ailments are healing. 

Things could definitely have turned out differently. We are so blessed!

And what the heck?!  We are grandparents!!!! Have you ever in your life seen such adorable babies?! Ellie and DJ are tiny...3 lb 10 and 3lb but they are healthy and adorable!

Because McKayla and Dallas were not permitted into NICU until they were cleared of the virus Nanny B and I got to go see the babies in NICU for the first week. What a treat that was to be able to see our tiny little miracles.





















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!