Skip to main content

07/23/20 Park City Trip with the kids

 

Park City 2020


We took a trip to Park City July 23-27th this year with the kids. We rented a large condo and had girls up in the loft, Bryce and Marlee in the lil tiny room and us and Aj and Becca had some basement bedrooms. Kitchen was on the level in between the basement and Bryce’s room. 


We’ve done the Park City trip for many years and we (the parents) are quite fond of it. The kids say we should find someplace new...but...tradition!  Haha.  We still love to go up there and it’s close to where they live and easy for them to come and go if work requires it. So we keep going back!


Dallas and Kayla had new babies (Ellie and DJ, yeah!!!!) and so they were unable to come. (Boo!)


We tried to pack the trip with as much fun but still get in relaxation as possible!


We got in late the first evening as we all worked our full days before heading out. We have had a tradition of getting donut dogs (hot dog shaped donuts) but the bakery we had bought them at in Heber got super pricey. Marlee’s mom bought daylight bakery awhile back and she agreed to attempt to make the much loved novelty. She nailed it! And we brought lots of dogs for the kids from St George! Yeah!!! Thank you Diana Thatcher!!!! 


We love to go up the mountain to Mirror Lake -- it is chilly up there and the water is snow melt freezing but we jump in and play anyway!! This year Ruth joined us and made the trip even more enjoyable (we usually just have tubes)...she brought kayaks!!! It was SO fun!!! We brought a picnic lunch and enjoyed some lake time. 


Another day we walked downtown Park City and walked through the stores. All masked up of course, thank you 2020 pandemic. 


We walked up to Blood Lake on one of the days. It was pretty long and steep but at the top of the hike was a beautiful lake. And the scenery there and back was breathtaking. 


Each day one of the kids or Andy and I was responsible for the dinner. We were treated to some yummy eats!  Grandpa Laurito’s birthday was while we were up in Park City and he and Suzanne came up and had Granny’s burgers with us (another tradition in Heber City that we will likely quit after this year...our tab was over $100 for dinner!! YIKES!!!)  AND we made every “couple” share a burger. Wozer!!!


We thought we were just about done but on the way out of town decided to float the provo river.  I LOVE that!!! What a great ending to a great week!



































































































































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!