Skip to main content

08/04/21 Covid continues, Strikes Shelly

 On Tuesday, August 3 about 4 p.m. I started feeling a little off...like vertigo...took my temperature and it was up around 101. Knowing that COVID had arrived I went in Wednesday morning and tested positive...starting my 10 day quarantine. (I already had been quarantined 5 days due to Andy's positive).

I had a fever for 24 hours and felt kind a blah until 4 p.m. Wednesday. Then I started feeling better. I had to work all day Thursday (interviewing over ZOOM for a new Judge) and luckily felt good all day. 

I did daily sun therapy (naps on my recliner by the pool). Saturday was another rough day with a bad tummy ache (took a concoction of vitamins without eating anything and it knocked me down for about 3 hours with stomach pains and the accompanying yuck) and just feeling icky. Other then that felt pretty good as I waited out my time. 

COVID did allow me to get paid for doing lots of projects. Here are some pictures of some of the projects...I didn't get pix of everything. 




Removed all the finish off table


Stained table

Taking a break after yard work in the 100 degree heat


Trimmed all backyard bushes


Trimmed all front yard bushes


Organized the garage




Took lots of sun bakes my recliner to get Vitamin D to cure COVID


Organized drawer

And another

And another

And a pantry

Gave away extra patio furniture (cleaned porch)

Bought the right clips to make awning go up and down easier


Organized cupboards


Fed the pile for two weeks then did a DI run to donate excess

DI contributions offered to the college kids (there was more, this was after they took stuff)

Cleaned out the dryer vent

Worked from home, this was my office for 2 weeks



Online shopping!!!!!


Read two books

Painted some rocks

Mowed the lawn...twice.

Made cushion covers for Grandpa's chairs

Even had a rainy day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...