Skip to main content

06/07/22 Twin's Birthday Party

Well...Well...you should be in CHILE now!!!!! And probably EXHAUSTED! I hope your trip was good and all is well. I've been thinking of you all the time and wondering how you are doing!

What's up this week here...
We went to SLC and enjoyed the twin's birthday party and hung with Bryce and Marlee a bit too. It was a pretty quick trip up and back although due to dad's leg we stopped a couple of times so getting and coming back took a little longer than usual. But it was nice. 

YW are going to camp this week and I'm not. Still super sad about that but I guess that's what the Stake wanted. YW leaders were not invited.  So I'm trying to find things to distract so I'm not too bummed. 

We went to dinner with GPA to pieology last night. Eldon and Diane are still working through COVID. Bleh!  

I sold the truck and got you off insurance. Today I'll take you off the phone. 

I sold the truck to a coworker and now I'm regretting it. Nothing has happened yet...but she's already called and questioned me about repairs and is acting weird about things. The truck hasn't had any problems for 6 months but prior to that it had three repairs in about 8 months that were pricey...she's questioning if it will have issues again. And truthfully -- I dunno...but it's a 2002 with 215K miles so it's probably gonna have some problems. Sigh.  I don't want her unhappy with us but it feels like she's going to be. I had a bunch of other people lined up to buy it because we put it out for a really good price and now I'm regretting selling it to someone I know. I just hope it works good for awhile so she doesn't get mad and hold a grudge! Sigh Sigh Sigh. UGH. 

Advice: Only say positive things. DON’T say…”I can’t sleep!”

Affirm: Say “I sleep peacefully, I wake up rested!”

Tune in - figure out negative emotions and then release them. 

Put issues in a “box” and leave it for God for the night and worry about it tomorrow. (Seriously...write it down and put it in a box!!!)

Release - Be calm and relax


You've got tons of excitement and new things which is scary. Try to look for the positive and enjoy the good bad and ugly that comes your way. We are all praying for your success and happiness. Love you!!!

Look forward to hearing about your adventure from Mexico to Chile and beyond!
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!