Skip to main content

06/03/23 Out with the May birthdays, in with June...TWINS turn 3!

















 It's been a busy week - Sunday we had Wendy and Michael, Aaron, Abby and Dax and kids, Aaron, and GPA for dinner. 


It was a yummy meal and we had a nice time. I took dad's pulled pork and made carnitas tacos and they were delicious!

Tuesday jumped into work full speed with one less day in the week. Boss was off so that was nice but still lots to do!

Tuesday evening we went to Longhorn Stake house for gpas actual birthday - 88!!! It was a good meal but a wee bit pricey and it took almost 2.5 hours! What the heck! We were SO ready to go when it finally ended. 

Wednesday through next Friday (8 days) I will be working up in the court. So have been SUPER duper busy at work doing my job and another job. And they do court on Thursday now -- so I worked 11 hours (but didn't go into court...just stayed out in the office working as fast as I could trying to get them caught up.) Same on Friday. They unfortunately have gotten behind and then Mindy quit and now we are training Melissa -- who knows how to do court but not our software. So she should be great in a month or two. 

Anyway, work has been busy!

Wednesday night we had water balloon volleyball at Middleton park with the 14 year old YM and all the YW.  (They crashed our activity...or we crashed theirs or something...just worked out that way!). It was really fun and the kids loved it. 

Thursday evening we played pickleball with a couple we've recently starting hanging out with Rae and Solo (Polynesians) They are super nice and very good. (Sandy and Kelly are heading to California for the summer so we needed new friends!)

Friday after work we came up to stay with B&M. Enjoyed dinner and the evening together. Made the mistake of trying to go for a walk. Stupid!  Mosquitos rule Provo right now. It was very uncool!  

This morning we got up and headed up to D&M house around 9:30 am. Spent all day there playing with Ellie and DJ, dad held Emory or Amelia almost all day long. We did lots of prep stuff...cleaning the back porch, washing windows, Kayla made a balloon arch, cooking ground beef, cutting tomatoes etc for taco bar. It was a very tiring but fun day. Love playing with the twinners. 

We got back to B&M about 9 p.m. tonight. Erik and Holly came up here after only about 4 hours sleep last night. So they are pretty tired (they did good though!!! Erik may or may not have nodded off a couple of times...but overall they were pretty good all things considered!! haha. 

I'm exhausted and ready for bed now but I wanted to be sure to write to you. I had to use dad's computer to do it! So that's why it's coming from him (I'm using his email, laptop!)

Hope you've had a fantastic week and I look forward to hearing from you! 

Thought for the week: Quote from "A life tumbled" by Melissa Kelosh: 

You'll only be this age once. Everything you build now, you get to live off (or not) for the rest of your life. Decisions you make, skills you pick up, and wisdom you gather now determine your trajectory. It will be either a path of profound meaning or a path of confusion and disappointment. 

Do not be afraid to gather people in your life who will encourage you, shape your jagged edges and wash our spirit with love to make you shine by saying, "You got this!"

(sorry...back story...life tumbled...she is comparing us to rocks in a rock tumbler getting slowing refined and improved through the long process of tumbling)

Love you lots!!!! 
Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...