Skip to main content

10/08/23 Hey girl!

St George Temple
Open House
 Another crazy busy week in the books. 


Dallas,
Emery and Amelia
FACETIME

On Monday I had my annual exam - got the mammogram and the under-the-hood exam and everything. Yippee. Another year til I need to do that again! Dr. Said my thyroid is off - off-hypothyroid and he prescribed some medication. So we'll see how that goes. I read that a lot of people lose 8 lbs when they go on it...and that a lot of people gain a lot of weight if they don't get the dose right. So humph.  We'll see. 

Eldon's artwork hanging in city hall soon
Tuesday we had a department head meeting and the boss was away. So Rick, the power boss lead the meeting. He's kind of quiet and a little...old...and not really very "fun". haha.  Everybody got a bit "spicy" without the boss to settle them down. It was very entertaining. Everyone was talking about politics and St George and voting and council...anyway...boss should probably stay so he can keep the meetings under control!😂

We went to Chili's with Ben and Laura & Gpa on Tuesday and it was fun and good. 

Wednesday was our 35th anniversary. We both had to work so we didn't see much of each other. And I had YW that night. We went to the temple for YW that night and I talked about how important temple marriage is and that they should all have a goal to get married in the temple. Dad was supposed to play pickleball but all his friends ended up cancelling. Boo. 
Aj with Curtis and his new baby!

He did a thing...
Thursday I met with an insurance agent and got different insurance because (even without you) our rates went up $500/every 6 months. Holy Crap! She was able to get us back down a bit however she says when we add you (because of your accident) it's going to go up again. So just a fair warning...your monthly payment may be increased upon your return...haha ...but don't worry...we can just take more out of your education fund if we need to. It will be ok. The insurance was $1700 for 6 months.  I remember when we paid under $500 PER YEAR...course we had 2 cars and no kids. Ugh. 

Hoppies arrived Friday and are staying up until a day or two before you leave. It's been very chill and good - and I don't know how much we'll actually see them once we get busy in our weeks. Next week we're going to Moab for 4 days for a 35-year wedding anniversary trip. Should be pretty fun and exciting. We're going to bed and breakfast one night and a place called base camp the 2nd and 3rd night. Base camp is 17 miles on a dirt road from MOAB and supposed to be a little sketch to get there but absolutely magnificent views and such. 

Andy Griffin and Jimmy Kesler at the
St George Marathon
Holly and I spent Friday evening together. We went to the mall and got pretzel bites and lemonade after we walked the mall. We still have lots of work to do for the wedding. I'm looking forward to your help and input!  

Saturday morning we did the marathon - it was early but good. I sat and took pictures for the fun of it while dad broadcast. 

Anyway, not too exciting but seems like the week went really fast and was good. 

Spiritual Thought: Aj said you don't need any stinking spiritual thought -- you're full of them!😂


Love you! Talk to you tomorrow!





YW at the temple grounds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...