Skip to main content

06/19/87 Graduated High School!

6/19/1987

I did it!  I graduated.  All these months I've been waiting and out of nowhere it is here!  I don't even know where to begin.  i probably don't even remember it all!

Saturday Joel, Andrea, Brian and I went down to the beach.  It was cloudy and a little chilly but we had great fun anyway.  We went to Joel's beach house and ate lunch and then played volleyball on the beach, went in the water, took an ultra long walk, played games, let a toilet flush for half hour and then ate out.

It was the last time I got to see Andrea.  She went to Girl's State and won't be back.  It was really special.  I never realized how much people cared until recently.

Tuesday I had my last back appointment so Monday and Tuesday I did a swim workout.

I called Andy and talked to him for a few minutes one night.  I've gotten to see Karen loads this week which was great.

I went to wiffle ball at church on Tuesday and played my final YM/YW game!  Wednesday Tonya came from down south.  She stayed until today.  We went to Relief Society.

Thursday was packed with Graduation practice and Graduation.

After school Chuckie, Dina, Joel, Tonya, Eugene and me went to have pizza together. We talked about old times and people and places and the future.  It was a very happy time. In fact, graduation was really happy for me.  I'm so exciting to me moving on!  I don't feel a loss.  I know they'll all be there for me if I need them.  I was really surprised at how upset some people were.

Mike Fanelli's even seemed a little upset that I was going.  Brian Rappa surprise me with the kiss I never got after the prom.  Don kissed me goodbye and Time, Joel and Mike just gave me a huge hug.  Tammy and Karen and I did real well and none of us cried.  I'm not sad though.  Not now.  Of course the party ended at 1:30 a.m. and it took me until 3 a.m. to load my suitcase.  After 3 hours of sleep and writing all my thank you notes I'm still surviving.  Hopefully after I transfer I'll get a little sleep.  I'm really excited about getting to Utah though.

I want to make new friends and do great it school.  It would be great if I could lose some weight but that's not a priority right now.  I like me and I have to convince myself of that.  That's it for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...