Skip to main content

04/08/12 Happy Easter!

4/8/12  

It has been a nice family filled weekend.  We went to gma and pa's yesterday and had the traditional egg hunt.  Wendy's family, jared's kids, ben and laura, and us were there.  A good little bunch of egg hiders and egg finders.  Bryce brought along Matty..the girl from bloomington he is sweet on.  She is a cute girl and I think she enjoyed the day with the Griffin's.  Grandma tried to get Katie to be a hider and not a finder...but heck no!  She was not ready to "grow up" just yet!  She insisted on hunting eggs again this year.  Emma on the other hand (2 months older than Katie) would NOT hunt eggs, but chose to "help" Holly with her hunting.  Funny girls.  We have some cute pix of everyone which hopefully dad can get to you!
Today we are going to Laura and Ben's house for another get together.  Sure to include great food and family.  Yesterday was brunch, today is 4 p.m. dinner.
I guess there is a new missionary in your area, Elder Golightly, who is the nephew/cousin of the Melessa's.  He is from Las Vegas and his picture was up on the website of Sis Carlos this week.  So, if you get a chance, you'll have to welcome him to your mission!  He saw your blog and commented on it before he left so he probably knows way more about you than you'd prefer!
The girls performed out at Tuacahn this week...a choir gig.  I skipped YW and went with Dad.  It was a nice evening together.  Weather beautiful.  The kids sang pretty.  It was nice.
And I guess we had a killer turn out for YW too!!!  Which is awesome!  We are trying to get everyone to commit and come to all the pre-camp meetings because they all want to go to camp.  So far it seems to be working.  I'll keep my fingers crossed cause last year we had to redo all certification up at camp because they blew off all the firstaid, hike, etc precamp meetings.  Kids.
Dallas has continued to struggle with gigantic tonsils and mono.  He went in again (3rd dr visit since November) and it was confirmed he still has mono and giant tonsils.  Dr. says we should probably schedule to get them out once school is over.  I hear it is pretty miserable on older people and recovery is 7-10 days.  So doing it during school isn't necessarily advisable.  I feel bad for him though because you can tell he just doesn't feel great.  He continues to do everything (which is admirable) but he kind of drags.  He downplays it and says he is fine but I can see that he isn't quite right!  (I hope this will teach him to kiss girls!!!!, jk)  He is almost done his 3rd round of antibiotics and nothing seems to have changed.  I will probably get him into a specialist in the next week or two and just confirm what our dr said. (His dr. doesn't do the surgery -- I didin't realize that -- or I'd have taken him to the specialist this past time instead of wasting another dr visit for nothing!!!)
Dallas spent the day with Uncle Ben last week doing some mechanic work.  He REALLY enjoyed it and is pretty sure he wants to go into diesel mechanic now.  We have some programs to check out here in town and hopefully we can do that soon.  So many things to track down these days...ACT, college, tech school, scholarships, etc!

Bryce also went in and talked to the counselor and says he wants to be a physical therapist.  I guess that is a master's program and U of U is the only school in Utah that offers that??? Not sure...but Bryce and me and dad are like...NO WAY!!! NO U of U!!! They will not get my Bryce!!! ha ha.  So we have to look into that some more too.  I know it's a long way off but he's trying to get a "plan" in place.  We were trying to make sure he qualifies for the Regent Scholarship --- you and Dallas both blew that one.  You didn't get the right classes in and Dallas' grades aren't quite high enough (there is still a chance, but he won't get the BIG regent award).  Bryce on the other hand has never gotten below A- yet and has scheduled all the right classes.  So he might pull off the $5000 scholarship.  We'll see!
Well I gotta run.  We are supposed to be at Squires in 20 minutes.  Naughty me.  I got so into talking to you that I ran out of time.

We will send you a pix of your easter candy and then try to get it to the mail box this week!  XOXO Happy Easter, Love Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

07/28/25 MRI interpretation

Andy had an MRI but to get a surgeon to interpret it was going to be a long wait...like 6 weeks. Andy has a friend who works in radiology. He had Andy over to his office and explained what was going on with Andy's back. He said the two places where Andy had previous surgeries were showing problems just above the surgery (apparently common but nobody told Andy that originally).  He had a third spot that was also degenerating. So lower, mid and upper spine all have issues.  We are trying the spinal decompression route currently in hopes of avoiding surgery.  These spinal issues are probably the reason for many of Andy's other ailments.