Skip to main content

04/09/11 Easter!

4/9/11
Tomorrow is shaping up to be another busy day so I wanted to hurry and write before time gets away from me!
We are celebrating Easter tomorrow with the family because Grandma and pa will be on an elderhostel over Easter.  We were going to go the their house but the weather has been miserable and they are under snow.  We got lots of rain but they figure by tomorrow afternoon we should have sunshine and be at least semi-nice.  Maybe 60-65 degrees.
So we spent today doing lots of fun stuff to get ready for everybody.  We made these cute little peeps in a nest...it is peeps on top of chocolate covered pretzels (nest shaped) with jelly bean eggs around it.  We also made "bunny buns"...sweet bread shaped in bunny pattern.  They will be drizzled with powder sugar.
The boys helped spruce up the yard and we went and got 10 bags of wood chips and put them all over to cover the parts that had gotten bare.  We pulled up lots of weeds and swept and cleaned.  The back yard looks pretty good.
The girls went to the dentist yesterday and ...yeah!!! no cavaties!!!  And Katie didn't pitch a fit.  Whew.  She was brewing to and then I told her if she'd suck it up I'd take her for ice cream and the D.I. and she decided that was worth it.  They also got kids meals at Del Taco from the dentist so they were pretty spoiled rotten before it was all over.  The girls found matching (pink and white) poodles puppies at the DI for $1 each so they were in little girl heaven.
Dad's been busy working on his magazine which should be off to print before the end of next week.  I'm sure he'll tell you all about it.  Seems like we never see each other lately because he's off working and I'm working and doing YW and things are just non stop busy here.
I got made the deputy treasurer at the city (did I tell you that?) -- so I've been busy learning how to do deposits and all the combos for the safes and stuff.  Far as I can tell this is just an additional assignment w/o any compensation...but I think down the road once I get things figured out I might make a little more because of it.  We'll see.
Another frustrating week with YW...only 1 girl last Sunday.  Yikes.  And then Wednesday night we had only 1 member (the same one that came on Sunday) and 4 non members -- which is good that the non members are coming...but what the heck with the members?!  I sometimes wanna just say forget it...I'd rather being doing stuff with my family if no one cares anyway...but I need to just keep trying and just keep hoping and praying they'll start coming.  Who knows, maybe the non-members are really benefiting anyway.  I just am amazed at the lack of commitment to being at church and activities by our members.  We really do have some fun cool stuff coming up...hopefully they'll make it to girls camp and youth conference and it'll all be worth the huge amount of effort going into getting ready for both.  Wah wah wah.  Enough boo baby stuff.
How are things going for you?  Are you enjoying your new comp?  Saw the picture of you two together and I think I'm bigger than him.
Katie and Holly performed out at Tuacahn this week.  Dad went and watched...I had YW.  It was kind of a cold yucky sprinkly night but they survived and did a great job and dad said he enjoyed it.
Everything got cancelled this weekend...soccer and baseball.  It was strange having dad home on a friday night.  We went to Costco and dinner at regular time.  We haven't done that FOREVER!!!
Next week I have to teach the lesson in YW -- something about the Priesthood in families.  Always makes me nervous to teach but hopefully I'll find some stuff to make the lesson interesting.  I read it a couple of weeks ago and I didn't find it really interesting or exciting.  I'll have to read it again and try to get inspired!
Anyway...I got to still fold my laundry and have an early meeting tomorrow so I'd better sign off.  Tomorrow is fast sunday...due to conference last week.  We don't usually have meetings on fast sunday so it's kind of weird.
Take care and tell us all about your week.  Really enjoy hearing about your adventures!
Do you enjoy getting Sis W's letters?  And Taylor and Derrick?  Let me know what you think.  Sis W has had some pretty funny expriences, eh?!

Love you lots!!! Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...