Skip to main content

06/04/11 Zumba, swimming, summer here we come!

6/4/11
Hi AJ!
It has been a really nice LAZY Saturday -- I'm tired out and happy!
Morning started with getting a bountiful basket and then doing ZUMBA for 1 hour at the rec center.  My friend Kathy from work had never done it before and came and tried it.  She liked it.  I am liking it more and more.  At first thought it was kinda difficult and I felt stupid but I get all hot and sweaty and it is WAY more fun than weight lifting or walking a treadmill.
After ZUMBA came home and cut up all my veggies and then headed to the pool to meet Julene.  Derek seems to be doing well and so is their family.
Came home and got dressed and the boys came home with Dad and wanted a water fight.  So back into a swim suit and all wet again!  Stayed that way until dinner time and then we had potato bar.  Pretty good!
Dad's off at a Rebel's football game and me and the girls did nails and read a book.  Dallas is off playing a video game (boring!) -- but that's what he wanted to do!
It's almost 10 p.m. and I'm starting to feel my busy day!  And busy week.
Fast Sunday is one of the weeks I get to not have any meetings so I'm looking forward to a LAZY morning (probably making yummy lunch and stuff...so I use the word LAZY loosely!)
The girls got new swim suits today (Katie's is already worn out that I just got her a couple of months ago) -- they are doing swim lessons every morning for 2 weeks right now -- and she looks TOTALLY grown up.  It is Scary!  She is kinda of a funny little goof ball...kept grabbing her boobs and being all proud or something.  She kept saying....they feel real to me!  (Her swim suit had built in bra which enhanced her a little bit).  She did some hula hooping today too.  She is SO good at that.  It's crazy!  Dad took a little movie of it...maybe it will transfer to you, not sure!  She is going to have boys knocking down the doors...good thing she has 4 body guards to hold them off!  Looks of things, we'll probably need all of you!!!
We have 10 girls signed up from our ward to go to girls camp this year.  And 4 leaders.  Sweet, eh?!  3 of the girls are going with the stake but they are still from our ward so I count that a success!!!  We get to go back to the same camp as last year because our Cedar City camp is snowed in still.  And we get to go down that cool water slide this year  -- how cool is that!  I hope leaders get to play!!!!
Well I hope this letter finds you happy and well and that it's cleared up a day or two for you.  I don't like rainy places.  Seattle would probably do me under.  I need my vitamin D (sunshine!!!) regularly.
Things are pretty much the same here as always.  Dallas just finished his first week of work (19 hours) at the city and he still likes it.  Of course the weather has been totally awesome and it's not been hot....yet.  I think he may change his toon next week as the temperature rises.
I am going to head to bed now!  I turn into a pumpkin in 6 minutes, ya know!
Love you lots!!! You are awesome.  Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!