Skip to main content

06/09/12 GS Camp & Hydro tube in St. George

6/9/12


Well tomorrow is shaping up to be busy so I figured I'd write you tonight.  You are MUCH better to write to than 

to do the pile of laundry behind me that I have to do before bed tonight!



So, what a great, busy week!












































Monday and Tuesday were of course filled with work.


Wednesday morning I got up and did my usual spin class.  Then I took Bryce for his first Ag Field trip.  

Only it was a flop.  Poor kid.  I dropped him off at the H.S. like we did last year but didn't wait to confirm

rides.  He of course didn't have a cell phone.  So he goes over to the group he thinks is his only to find out

they are custodians doing a project on the school.  He waits around for 15 minutes and NOBODY shows

up.  Nobody.  So he walks home.  Over 2 miles.  It was pretty warm and he was TOTALLY bummed.

Maddy was planning to meet him for D.H. and go on the trip too.  So we call his teacher and he

apologizes.  Guess he woke up sick and called some people and let them know...but not Bryce.  And since

it took so long to find out and get home it's too late to catch the bus at Dixie H.S.  So he calls Maddy and

she DID make it and doesn't know anybody.  Double bogus.  They got to do something else instead...not

sure what...cause I went to G.S. Camp with the girlies at 11 a.m. same day.



We went to Pine Valley Mountain.  Wow it is nice up there.  Cool, beautiful.  No cell service so really was cut off 

from whole world.



The G.S. had a nice program put together.  We did lots of fun activities, hikes, crafts, fire building, tent setting 

up, cooking...all the usuals.  The girls got to sleep in a tent for the first time ever.  Holly "Holly Dolly" slept in a 

tent with 9 little girls down on a pad a little ways from us.  The girls were ages 5 - 9 I think.  Lucky we didn't have 

a bunch of crying and carrying on but they did great.  The adults slept up at another site 4 in a 4-man tent.  

pretty tight squeeze.  And Katie "Sunshine" slept next door to us in a 3 man tent with 3 or 4 little 10 year old girls.

Her and her buddy Jessica "Jesse James" both had hacking coughs and kept waking us up the first night.  The 

second night I dosed them up good with some night time cold meds and they did much better.



They went and went and went and had so much fun.  We took the girls on a hike down to the reservoir during 

our "resting" time.  They loved it.  They took off their socks and shoes and tromped around in the shallow water. 

 They found a birds nest and saw little bird eggs down in the swamp area.  They learned new camp songs and 

got to make some of their meals.



It really was a cool experience.


We got back Friday before noon and me and dad took a little siesta and then went to movie and a dinner. Stupid 

movie but enjoyed gorging myself on popcorn and dr. pepper.  



Today we went to St. George outdoor pool with the hydro tube.  Jared and Brittney and kids joined us.  It

was lots of fun.  The boys went down the slide several times and then just played in the pool.  Dad even

came (the boys were off doing band stuff so he got stuck with the girls today...he was a little bummed, but

he was a good sport about it.)  Dad played basketball with Jared in the pool most of the time.  The boys

were off doing a band activity and then were going to go swimming.  They didn't know where. Imagine their

surprise when they showed up at the St. G. pool and we are there.  It was kind of funny.  We were about

done by the time they arrived so no biggie.  We took the girls to Red Robin for their book burgers and then

just spent the evening getting ready for Holly's talk tomorrow and cleaning and doing yard work.


Anyway, I have to say, it was sure nice to not work for several days!!! I will probably REALLY regret that

on Monday but have been loving every minute of being off!!!!  


Dad starts his new job on Monday, I'm sure he'll tell you all about that.  Kind of sad for him to give up his

morning show but I think this new company will take better care of him. It seems like they will.  It would

sure be nice to work for someone who appreciates you!!!  (And pays you for it too!)


Laundry awaits...better get since I usually turn into a pumpkin by now!


Love you lots and hope everything is going wonderful there!  Saw some pix of you on Carlos' website and you 

looked healthy and happy!  


xoxo mom


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!