Skip to main content

09/22/14 Piano lessons and salsa

9/22/2014

Holly getting ready to cook
Hey Bryce!


This week was much less eventful than last week.  No robberies, flooding...oh but there was a giant sink whole opened up over on Sunset Blvd.  A big truck drove into it (but didn't fall in) and the road gave way.  25' wide and 14' deep. It is over by the gas station and the movie theaters on the way to Aunt Laura's house. I think the road is still closed one or two lanes.  Crazy.


We just had a usual week.  The YM/YW did a foster care carnival on Friday night from 5-9 p.m.  The girls volunteered and did face painting.  The boys ran some balloon pop games and fishing booth and stuff.  The kids had a nice time.  It was pretty fun.  Still hot here...didn't really cool off until close to 9 p.m. when it was over. We were the later shift and I was glad.  5-7 was probably really hot.
Made yummy treats, now time to eat them!


Holly arrived and put the smiley face in your letter. She says hi and has a big goofy grin on her face!!! She loves you!  


Both girls slept in this morning. BOTH claimed the alarm didn't go off...WHAT?!  I don't know what I fed them last night but they seem to have been knocked out cold.




I took a piano lesson last week from Dawn Wright trying to get more prepared for primary practice.  It was fun. I think I was over there like 2 or 2 1/2 hours.  It went really fast.  I tried to pay her and she refused, said she was counting it as her church calling for the next couple of weeks and then if I want to continue I can pay her.  


I got a hymn book for you today.  AJ says he has one too.  So hopefully soon we'll get those to you.  


We made 21 jars of salsa Saturday.  One of them cracked when I dropped it into the boiling water.  I've never had that happen before.  I guess AJ can come visit again (we were out!).  
Cotton candy at the park with friends...that's the life!


Girl scouts moved to Monday for the next 2 months so we have G.S. today RIGHT after work.  It's going to be tricky to get everything ready and be prepared...there won't be any in between time like before.


Speaking of which it's 20 after 7 and I'm stinky and need to shower and motor out of here for work.  


Love you lots.  Hope you are doing wonderful.  Let us know if there is anything you need.  


Katie just came flying in here...I NEED MY SAXAPHONE QUICK!!!!  And sprinted upstairs. (Her bus was waiting for her).  Oh, boy.  Gonna be one of those days for her I'm afraid.  


Oh yea, almost forgot.  Yesterday was the Ogden temple dedication.  (Did you guys get to see that?  We are thinking, no).  We got to hear from the prophet and Eyring and some others. It was a good meeting. Kind of helped remind us to attend the temple that we are so blessed to live so close to and they pronounced a blessing on the saints. I really enjoyed it.


Well, I gotta run.  But Holly would rather type than practice her piano so she'll sign off...XOXO mom
Holly, 5th grade


hi booboo how are you I miss you ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but on the bright side I'm just barley serveing I love that your out serveing i know your doing the right thing
i love and miss you
                                                                      love
                                                                          Holly
Mr. Ivie's 5th Grade class

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...