Skip to main content

09/27/15 Letter from AJ to Bryce

09/27/15

 Hey Bro!

This week was really a good and busy one. School is in full swing with mid-terms coming up and tons of homework! Today in church I was reading some of my old notes and I found a story from Sheri Dew about when she was at BYU. So she had always wanted to play basketball for BYU and never received any attention after high school. While she was at BYU the team had some injuries and was holding an open try-out. She unfortunately doubted herself and never tried out. Years later she met the coach and talked to her about that particular year and her unfulfilled dream of playing collegiate basketball. The coach told her that they held tryouts and never ended up picking up any of the girls and that year they were shorthanded because they needed a player of her type(I think she was a guard and none tried out that fit the description). 

So long story short is that the Lord opens up opportunities that are specifically for us and that may go EMPTY if we don't take advantage of them. 

So I read that and I was thinking about how HF has little plans like that for me and then I was thinking about Dallas, Bryce, Katie and Holly how they each have little plans that HF is making for them and then I realized another reason how it is impossible to completely understand God in this life because he has those intricate little plans for everyone of his children and he is fulfilling ALL of them simultaneously. 

Wow! It just blows my mind trying to comprehend how God is able to be in each of our lives all at the same time! 


What was the highlight of your week?

AJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...