Skip to main content

10/04/15 Pizza and pickleball

10/04/2015


Monday we went to Dallas and McKayla's new house for dinner.  McKayla made homemade pizza and it was delicious.  The girls enjoyed playing with their dog and we watched the very first episode of the Andy Griffith show.  It was a nice evening. 

Tuesday kept everyone busy as usual with the girls playing volleyball, going to piano and Holly had activity days.  Dad had girls soccer and I had court.  We just plan on not really seeing each other. 

Wednesday Katie had YW and Dad and Holly and I went and played pickleball over at Green Springs.  We played for a little over an hour and it was pretty fun.  Holly does pretty good and seems to enjoy it.  We took turns playing one - on - one while the third person sat out a game. 

Thursday I took off early in the afternoon to burn up some of my vacation hours at work (I have 5 days to use or lose by November 6).  Dad and I went to Arby's for lunch and got new tires on the van (again...I swear that van eats tires...but other than that it's a pretty good little van so can't really complain too loudly).  
Katie had volleyball Thursday afternoon for church ball.  When we got to the game they split the kids up into teams.  The kids had been practicing 3 wards together all summer but when we got to the game they decided to split it up differently.  So our 9th ward is with 2 other wards than what we've been practicing with.  Katie was really sad about that because she has a good friend on the other team -- Holly would have been unhappy too cause she would have lost the twins.). So volleyball wasn't too fun.  We left early so we could get Katie some chocolate and some time to be happy about the new teams. 

Dad had 2 radio games this week -- Thursday and Friday -- so he went to broadcast and we had a girls night.  McKayla joined us and after BBQ dinner we watched a movie AJ has to read the book for in school -- The secret life of bees.  We also spent the evening making fun goodies to send to you!  We made chocolate popcorn, pumpkin bread, chocolate chip cookies, and kinda zucchini banana bread only not.  It was a nice girls night!

Friday Holly wen to the PVHS game with the twins, Katie had a friend over and I did yard work and Saturday chores. 

Saturday morning (after being up all night) dad had to cover the marathon.  Katie played in it too!  So we had a Marathon morning.  I took pictures - which dad published a couple; Katie played a couple solos and had fun with the band (and donuts!!!) and Dad got to meet the winners -- who have each won this marathon 3X now!!! WOW!    I took the girls swimming and we watched conference.  Dad and Dallas and Gpa went to conference together and had gelato ice cream at Harmon's afterward.  The girls made chocolate cake and lasagna for tomorrow. 

All in all a nice week.  Today we are watching conference all day and it's our 27th anniversary!  Seems impossible, I don't feel that old!  I feel really blessed to have been married to my best friend and I can't imagine life without him.  I hope that all my kids are able to find someone like that to spend eternity with.  

I hope you have a great week -- you'll have to fill me in more on your hospital visit(s) and how you are doing now!  Glad you at least had a smile on your face in the pictures -- Katie thought you were joking but I could see the bracelet on your wrist so I knew SOMETHING was going on...but you looked so happy I didn't figure it could be TOO serious!

Love you! Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...