Skip to main content

09/11/16 Week of water fun!

09/11/16

Things are so busy right now it's hard to remember what happened even a short week ago!  Last Monday was Labor Day so everyone had OFF except Andy had to work, boooo!  
I got up early and walked with Linda because all the rec center classes were cancelled for the holiday.  Katie had volleyball practice from 9 to 11 so after our walk I rounded up the twins and Holly and took Katie to practice and then we went to Linda's house and met her and her 4 grandkids and swam at the pool until 11.  It was super fun and the kids all had a great time.  Linda's grandchildren are little so each of the big kids got a little kid to play with.  Everyone claimed their own baby.  It makes it a lot easier for them to swim because otherwise it's a handful to watch that many little ones!

We planned our annual water balloon fight for Monday evening so we went and found balloons at the store and then spent about 2 hours filling balloons.  We tried to fill 500 (about 100 broke or got used in the process, haha!)  We filled 2 big coolers and 3 little containers full of balloons. Dallas came over with his truck to transport them to gma and gpa Griffin's house.  We planned a BBQ and water fight so that was pretty fun.  We had burgers and corn on the cob etc.  Dallas & McK came (but she had to go to work so didn't water fight).  Bryce and Marlee came late (he had been sick and didn't want to water fight).  After dinner Dallas and Andy teamed up against Gpa and the girls for a pretty fun water fight.  It probably only lasted 10 minutes or less!!  That is why water fights can only be an annual event!!!  Too much prep time and clean up time!  

Tuesday we jumped back into the school/work routine with early morning jazz band runs and after school volleyball pickup.  Holly started piano lessons again but Katie is taking off the volleyball season because there just isn't time to fit it in.  I am not too worried about it though because she plays for seminary and church so she practices quite a bit anyway. 

Wednesday Katie had team dinner and then we picked her up at 6:45 to go right to YW where they planned for next week's grandparents day activity (they are inviting the old people in the ward to a talent show).  Somehow Katie has to fit homework in at the end of the day.  So far she's been doing it. 

We played pickleball with Nancy and her cousin Diane (Russell pulled a muscle and is out of commission right now).  It was really fun and pretty close match up with the skill levels.  
















Friday we went to Pizza Factory with Gma and Gpa.  I LOVE the breadsticks there and they have a pretty delicious salad too.  Yummy meal with good company.  They asked how our week was and it felt like it had been a pretty long one.  Seemed like the Monday water fight was forever away!

Friday we had craft night with the girls and McKayla.  (Lauren Riley, Holly, me, McKayla) -- Katie didn't want to craft -- too much week for her.  She did homework and watched a movie.  It was fun and we made some really cute projects. 

Saturday kept busy with chores - spin class and then lawn mowing, vacuuming, shopping, car wash etc.  

Saturday night we had the Sharp's and Dallas and McK over for the BYU vs UTAH football game.  BYU lost by 1 but it was an exciting close game and we had fun with good food and friends. The kids played pretty good most of the game and it was just a fun evening. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!