Skip to main content

10/30/16 October in pictures

October has been a busy month for everybody in the Griffin household.  Andy played his first ever senior games as he is old enough to play finally!  (Must be 50). He played basket ball on a team with Darren Cole and they took 2nd place overall in their age group.  It was a lot of fun and they played several games over a 3 day period.  He played 3-on-3 half-court. 

On the Saturday (the last day) he drove up and a lady backed into his mustang and crunched it.  Probably cost $2K - $3K to fix it.  It is almost November and we're still working on that!



















The Carnevale kids came over for Friday night while their parents went out on a date.  They had tons of fun making treats and playing games.









Fun family photos

Best side forward boys...







Katie's band performed at the St. George marathon








Mr Lanners



Warby


Holly started YW volleyball season and has really enjoyed it!












Katie finished out the year on the freshman volleyball team.  She improved exponentially (seriously!!! it was amazing to watch her keep getting better!)  She started out the season with a * by her name (you can come but you might not get to play much).  She ended the year as a started most of the time and received MVP for one of the last games of the year.  Unfortunately the team didn't win a single match the whole year however I think they learned to lose well (they were always smiling and having fun) and they are more empathetic now to others who lose and they kept trying even though it was frustrating.  Very proud of her accomplishments. 























Bryce and Marlee, Katie and Andy went to the Glenn Miller Band performance.  Katie loved it most of all! She said there was nowhere else she'd rather be that night then with her dad at that concert!







Fossil Ridge band concert.  Holly played french horn and trumpet.  Gma and Gpa Griffin came.  It was on a Tuesday night and I even got to get there too!!!! YEAH!!!





Annual Trunk-or-Treat with the 9th ward
Motorcycle dude and skeleton bride



She's a Pineapple!

McKinley (princess), Holly (emoticon girl), Miranda Warby (captain america)
and McKenzie Riley (also a superhero)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...