Skip to main content

12/25/16 Christmas Morning

Christmas Eve we played some games and had some quiet family time together. We got the traditional pjs.  And had some yummy treats before sending everyone off to bed.  We didn't do the traditional drive around the city to see the lights since we had too many people to fit in one car.

Christmas was on a Sunday this year and Katie and Andy and Holly and I were performing all performing in some way in the program at church.  So we had to go to church at 8:30 a.m. The kids all wanted to get up early and have Christmas morning so about 7 a.m. Dallas and Mckayla came over and helped wake up all the other kids.  The kids enjoyed opening presents selecting from youngest to oldest.  We were able to get everything done and make it to church on time (ish)!! Haha.  Maybe 10 minutes later than we were supposed to be there but still early for church.  

Katie played piano for the Young Women's Choir.  Katie and I sang in the ward choir - we did four songs.  And Andy sang in the men's quartet with Brother Rae, Brother Wright and Brother Meyer.  Grandma and pa and Dallas and McKayla came to our meeting to watch us along with AJ and Bryce.  After the meeting we came home and had a brunch.  Bud and Carol Long joined all of us and really enjoyed cinnamon rolls, little smokies, juice, milk, fruit and McKayla's egg/sausage casserole. Super yummy all of it!!!

The afternoon was nice and quiet with some down time while everyone enjoyed their new Christmas gifts and/or a nap!!!















A little family lovin.










Aj got coal...again!!!


The wreckage was great.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!