Katie bought a dress at JC Penny with her own money. She got a screaming deal...it was a $72 dress and with sales she was able to get it for about $35. Unfortunately it was a little see-through at the top. She really wanted to be able to wear it without a jacket which required a little work. We went to Joanns and found some flesh colored material. We asked some of the ladies in the ward to help but they said it was too hard and didn't want to try it. So while Katie was at work Friday night I cut out the material and carefully hand-stitched it into the dress. (Don't look close...it's kind of scary!!!) But it worked!!! And Katie can now wear the dress without worry or a jacket! It took about 4 hours.
The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things). It is an Allen, approximately 1970s. I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ. Cool, eh? Now, I got...
Comments
Post a Comment