Skip to main content

01/01/12 Katie gets her own community center pass

1/1/12

Wow it was so great to see you and talk to you and "hang" with you last week!  That was so great!  Sounds like we were lucky.  Everyone else was saying they were given 40 minute time limits in the other missions. 

Several were only able to phone and not skype and one of my friends told me the calling card ran out so they didn't even get to talk that long either.

We had a good week.  The girls are loving the shoes you sent and the fans and the boys have the change purses and lanyard (?).  They are going to put the machetes on the mancave wall and we are in search of a frame for the picture you sent.  All in all a pretty awesome package!


It's been nice not having things to do this week.  I still worked but Dad's been off and the girls don't have any activities.  Dallas has worked all week and his mono is back (or still here, or whatever you want to say).  Took him in to the dr. yesterday because his tonsils are HUGE again.  So he is starting on new meds and trying to get better fast so he can get busy with school again.

Katie got a card to the rec center this week.  She was so excited to finally be 10 and get her own card!  She hasn't gotten to use it yet but she is way excited to get over there.  She can go with friends and no parents now.  Crazy!?

I had the lesson today in church.  Usually I finish up and have a ton of time left over.  Today I only got through the first paragraph and then time was up.  Sunday school was late and the girls were kinda silly and then the first part of my lesson was for everyone to "introduce" themselves and they all took up all the time. I got to say a couple of words and have a special musical # and it was over!  Had lots of other good stuff that inspired me but didn't get to share it!

This new year has brought a new schedule to our meetings.  We are back at the 9 a.m. time.  So now there are some days the meeting is before church, other days after. Today dad has both (maybe he always will, not sure).  Anyway it's kind of all topsy turvy trying to get on a new schedule.  I am hoping ward council won't take all afternoon now that there is no meeting to stop it from going on and on!



Dallas is making cookies and keeps coming in and asking me to come help him -- so I guess I better get.  I'm sure I'll help with Dad's letter later!

Love you tons.  Glad you are doing so well.  Can't wait to hear from you again.  Hope you don't get split ... I really like your comp, he seems cool and like a good match with you!

XOXO mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...