Skip to main content

01/29/12 EFY & talent show

Beautiful sunset
1/29/12
Wow -- busy great week!
We went to EFY yesterday.  There was about 6 boys and 6 girls.  The boys were pretty disappointed in their turnout (they thought they would have 12 kids) but I was happy with the YW -- I thought 5 and got 6!  And in chruch today we had 7!!!  Only had 2 missing Laurels and one of them was out of town.  Not sure where the other one was but that's about the best turnout ever.  Pres Ellsworth spoke and he did a really great job, as usual.  He really connects well with the youth.
The talks we had were on Laughing (Enjoying life), Law of Chastity and Arise and shine forth.  I will have to type up the Law of Chastity talk notes I have sometime and send those to you.  Really great talk (not that I think you need it -- you were always good at following the rules) but it might be a good talk for you to give out in the mission field if the opportunity arises.
After EFY the kids came over and had a big fat sandwich from walmart, jello, chips and cookie bars with rootbeer floats.  Everyone was in good spirits and seemed to have a nice time.
This coming week we are doing Daughter of a King, New Beginnings that promises to be lots of work but also a great experience.  Sister Holt is in charge and she always over - does which means it will be great!
The girls both performed in the talent show this week and did a great job.  Holly did Somewhere over the rainbow and Katie did Honey, I'm home.  Katie hula hooped and sang and Holly dressed up like dorothy in the wizard of oz and carried a little dog in a basket and sang her little heart out.  The performance was only to be 2 minutes so dad cut the songs down and they were great that way.  Pretty quick song, 2 minutes.  Holly was so scared the night before that she was balling like a baby (I told her to forget about it she didn't need to do it and just go to bed.)  Next morning she woke up raring and ready...They were both very brave and showed no sign of stage fright.  (Where did they get that???)  Very impressive.   Dad took some video and pix...hopefully he can send something your way.
Dallas has been working.  Very impressed.  This weekend in order to go to church and EFY he had to start working at 5:30 or 6.  No complaints.  He just did it.  He seems to really have his head in the game lately and really trying to choose the right.  He is the first assistant to the Bishop and Brother Campbell keeps him busy trying to activate the inactive boys and leading the meetings and just being involved and being there.  They really seem to get along well.
Well we are heading up to gma and gpa house now.  Eldon and Diane are going to be there tonight so we will get to visit with them too.
** Eddy might get a job in Santa Clara.
**Nick and Brees condo complex had a fire this week that made the paper but supposedly their house is ok (lots of smoke damage) and they get to stay.
**Jared and Brit is moving to a home in Bloomington
**Ben's released as a bishop as of today.
I think that's all the latest.


XOXO Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!