Skip to main content

02/20/11 Double murder

2/20/11
The neighborhood was shook this week with a double murder and an attempted suicide just 8 houses from ours this week.  It was on wagonwheel drive over straight across our street and then 3 houses in on the next block.  A 47 year old man (Richard Jones) killed his wife (Michelle Jones) and her 19 year old son (his step son) Christopher Ellis Friday night.  He gunned down his wife in the driveway and the son was found in the garage and then tried to kill himself and he was found in his bedroom.  So far he is still alive, last I heard, but with gunshot wounds to the head...who knows how long he'll last.
I didn't know any of them.  Did you?  I think they may have moved here within the last couple of years.   Not sure.
We had one of those in December in St. George.  Sad.  All the ugliness in the world today.
We had ward conference today and it was pretty good.  Although a LONG time to sit.  They had the grown ups in the chapel the WHOLE TIME!!!  President Ellsworth gave a talk about how we should be in the process of raising our best friends.  I hope you consider us your best friends!  He said how much he enjoys spending time with his kids and how great of friends they are.  He said people always used to tell them to wait until the kids were teenagers...then they wouldn't enjoy them so much.  But that he DID still enjoy his teenagers.  So far I feel the same way.  You gave us a groan or two but for the most part you are a cool fun kid and we enjoy you!  Same with your bro's and sis's.  I am really enjoying having girl time and "playing" with the girls.  
This year for Stake Conference we are doing a pioneer trek up Cedar Mountain and tonight we are having a fireside talking about that...getting everyone excited.  It should be fun I hope.  I'm already excited.  Course I never did that as a kid.  Dad couldn't be paid to do one again...hmmm....maybe I should be worried!!!  You never did get to do one.  Too bad.  I really think it has it's benefits.
Friday evening dad and Dallas went up to a playoff game between Judge and Hurricane (Hurricane lost) and so given I had a little free time on my hands I painted the girls bedroom.  It is a pastel green. It came out kinda pretty.  (For all the world the paint looked tan before applied to the wall though...???)  


They are painting everything at work and it inspired me to do another room.  The girls room was boogery and gross so it really did make it look nice.
We still have no furniture in our man cave but dad says he saw a bed/sofa type contraption at COSTCO that we may check out and get if it will fit.   We want you to still have a bed for if you ever decide to come sleep over here again!
Well I am getting ready to head to the fireside so I'm gonna sign off.  Things have been pretty much the same here...love you lots!!!
Have you gotten any of the dear elders?  I sent a couple and Bro somebody (my mind is blank) said he sent you one about 2 weeks ago too.

Love you lots and can't wait to hear all about your week!!!!  Keep up the good work.  You are amazing!  Love Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...