Skip to main content

2/6/11 Letter to AJ from Andy

2/6/11 TO AJ FROM ANDY
Hey AJ,


How's mission life? Hope all is well and you're staying healthy.


We are getting ready for our Super Bowl party. Gma and Gpa plus Eldon and Diane are coming. By the way, Eldon and Diane have reconciled all their differences and seem happy. She rides her bike next to him while he runs and she has lost like 70 pounds or somwthing. Plus, she comes with him to So. Utah all the time now. I dunno if they are completely changed. They still fight some, but it is good that they are both trying a lot harder now.


You prob heard Jonny is married and living in Malaysia now. If you do something like that, i will ring your neck!


I have been writing a lot for DNews. They pay less, but I am getting more stories, so maybe it will even out a little. Yesterday I did a player report card about the BYU game (they beat UNLV by 14, swept them this year). My deadline was 15 minutes after the game ended. It was a rush. I just watched the game from here and followed the stats on the internet during the game, then wrote a quick story. BYU is off to their best start ever, 22-2, and still ranked No. 8. Jimmer had a very average 29 points and seven assists (OK, that is great for everyone else in the world, but just average for him). Every team is starting to double and triple cover him. He had 16 of his 29 from the line, as they hacked him all game. But he did not miss a free throw. What a stud!


Mom made Pandesal fro our party and I made chili and queso, plus we have cookies and cake and all kinds of crap. Prob gain 10 pounds today!


Sports updates:
Desert Hills is 9-1 in region behind Simister and Ott. Hurricane is 5-4. Pine View is dismal -- 1-8.
SB will start soon. By the time you get on it will be over.
Jazz beat Nuggets, then lost to Thunder. Kevin Durant sure is a stud. He made a bunch of threes last night.
Utes suck. They are 10-14 and in sixth place in MWC.


BTW, sorry I wasn't on last week. I was sick with a nasty cold and just couldn't stay up any longer. I was hammered. Glad you had fun at the waterfall. Weaver's Mom gave us a couple of pix that he took (only 1 with you in it).


Qs:
1. What day is transfers? Next Monday? Hope you get to stay and conti8nue with your investigators. Isn't teaching the gospel glorious? One of the greatest feelings in the world is teaching a principle and having the SDpirit testify and seeing the light in their eyes as they understand.
2. ANy cool landmarks around there? national monument or anything? I wondered if there was any historical stuff with WW II or anything?
3. You having a hard time getting up early? I am pretty used to it on this end.
4. Do you studty mostly language in the a.m. or gospel stuff?
5. How much news on sports do you get? Do people have TV's and get games?
6. Does your town have a PBA basketball team?
7. There's a college near you. Do they do sports and is like one of our colleges?
8. Need anything?
9. You want us to DearElder pouchmail stuff?
10. Are you all growed up now? We miss our little AJ sometimes.


OK, be good and please tell us if there is anything we can do to help you. Today we talked about Jesus teaching the Samarian woman at the well. You are doing just like Jesus. I hope they forget their water bucket at the well and get sio excited to drink the spiritual water. That would be awesome.


Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you, Love you,

Your Pop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...