Skip to main content

10/04/14 Flu shots, interviews and piano lessons

10/4/2014








This week has been a good one.  Monday we got flu shots (fun?!).  After work dad had to interview a Desert Hills player so we all went together and I filmed while the girls hung out.  Afterward we went and tried a new restaurant Rigatti's Pizza.  Turns out it is just like little caesar's and not really a restaurant at all. So we took our pizza to the st george park and ate on a picnic table. The weather was great but we didn't have napkins or drinks so it was a wee bit uncomfortable! Oh well, the girls prefer to wipe their hands on their pants anyway so no harm no foul, right?!  


Afterward we went to costco.  Dad started feeling sick and was kind icky.  He thinks it was from the flu shot.  And he was better the next day so probably so.


Tuesday Katie got to go to a swim party for young women's.  I worked until 8:30.  An interesting trial involving our old neighbor's kid (randall's son David).  He lost but the trial lasted 1 1/2 hours.  Attorneys!!!!  At least it was entertaining and I got tons of work done and off early on Friday!!!


Wednesday I had piano lessons again (I'm loving it!) and we did yard work as a family.  The yard looks great.  The girls worked hard! Thanks to Dallas for mowing. We also had a book fair and hot dog/water and chips for dinner.  It was packed with people.  But we got a couple of good books.  Found some new authors I love so I'm enjoying reading with/to the girls again.  Holly has started reading a lot more because she found a series she loves.


Thursday Katie had volleyball.  They lost but the games were super close.  One of her teammates got injured on the play before the last play of the last game.  So bummer there.  I think she turned her ankle or something.


Friday Katie and Dad went and watched Pine View win against Cedar.  Holly and I went out to Sheron's house at Coral Canyon (the older lady).  We helped her with some computer questions she had. She is writing her life story.  Then Holly and I swam at her clubhouse.  Sheron left after awhile and we were the only ones left at the pool. The pool attendant came and asked us where our parent was.  I told him I was the parent.  Haha. Love that!


Dad and I are planning an overnight at Bryce Canyon tonight to celebrate our 26th anniversary.  Should be fun except poor dad had to work until 4:30 last night and has to be up at 10 a.m. to cover the marathon.  He is gonna be tired. Grandma and Grandpa will be up there for an elderhostel so we should get to see them tonight too.  They are on a 10 day trip right now.


I hope this email finds you well and happy.  The kids have been singing am I a muppet or a man -- said it had some funny meaning with you involved.  I don't remember what happended before you left but they sure enjoy singing that one and thinking of you!


Do you need anything? Is it cold and rainy up there yet -- how's the weather? Biking in the rain would be icky. Do you have to do that much? Do you have rain jackets?


Do you go to meeting house for conference or does everybody listen online or how does that work out there? I'm excited to turn in on and clean the garage in a little while.  I listen better if I am doing something -- not as likely to doze off!  

Love you!!!!  Can't wait to hear from you.  Love mom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

06/27/25 Drew Ellerman's Retirement Party

Steve Whittekiend, Kelly Carlson in front Mayor Kress Staheli in back Thad Seegmiller back of head Police Chief Jason Williams, Councilman Troy Belliston Jordan Hess, Councilman Bret Henderson, Finance Brian Brown Mayor Kress Staheli and Councilman Craig Coats Danice Bulloch (former City Recorder), Shelly Griffin Hana Park and Tara Pentz (current recorders) April and Drew Ellerman April & Drew Ellerman, Kathy Spring (former assistant to Drew) Bonnie Baker (current assistant) and Drew Drew