Skip to main content

10/19/14 Primary program, Pickleball & Zion

10/19/2014

Pretty nice week here.


Made it through the Primary program without embarrassing myself or the family, haha.  Seriously, it went really well.  Big sigh of relief.  I really felt like I had worked hard and prayed hard and between me and help from above we made it!  


I had off Monday for Columbus Day but the kids had school.  Got to spend some time on the yard and cleaning the house and stuff all by myself.  Dad went to basketball and we went to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa and Eldon and Diane around 1 p.m.  We went and did an interview with a pine view kid and had pizza Monday night.  We actually had to interview him 2x because there was a short in our microphone and every time dad put the mic to him it would mute.  So we went BEFORE and AFTER practice!  


Tuesday Katie went to Meet the Mormons.  She said the part about the missionary would probably make me cry if I went to see it.  (She's like, are you over Bryce leaving yet?!  Cause if you aren't you probably shouldn't go see this yet!)  Did you cry?!


Dad had a meeting at work with his bosses Tuesday and they want to change up how things are done. They don't feel like they are getting the hits on sports that they'd like and want dad to pull back on his coverage of h.s. sports and pickup a variety of this that and the other things. Not sure where things will go with that.  Dad loves h.s. sports and doesn't love marathon's etc so we'll see what happens.  I told him to decide what HE wants because financially we'll be ok with or without stgnews.  


Wednesday Maddie Dickie entered the MTC.  I guess Aaron was such a pill they didn't even really cry when they dropped her off.  He wouldn't hug her and was being a typical 3 year old tantrum thrower.  


The games were on Wednesday this week so Dad went to Katie and I took kids swimming Wednesday night.  We also played outdoor volleyball and stuff.  It was kinda fun.  




Thursday and Friday the girls were off. I went to work but on Thursday evening we got our anniversary gift in the mail (we got pickleball set for our anniversary -- 4 paddles, 4 balls).  So we went and tried it out.  The girls played each other and we played each other.  Then we played together.  It was pretty fun. We played out at Greensprings.  


Friday I took off work and we called Gma and Gpa and invited them to go to Zion for a hike with us.  We only have them less than 1 hour notice...but they accepted and we had a nice day together.  Zion was SO crowded.  The folks go all the time for elderhostel and they said they had never seen it so crowded!  WOW!  We got there and took the shuttle to the farthest stop on the shuttle route and did a 2 mile round trip hike. It is the hike that leads to the narrows.  We left at 11 a.m. from our house and were gone until 6 p.m.  It took us until almost 2 p.m. to even get to our hike!  We took lots of pictures and everyone was pleasant and nice. Grandma made the whole hike but I was worried about her!  She is a real trooper!  Never complained or fussed, just kept going!  Afterward we went to lunch at 5 p.m.  (We were thinking we'd be done our hike by 2 and never ate!)  Everyone was pretty ready to eat!  We went to Sonny Boy's BBQ in Hurricane. It was delicious!


Grandma and Grandpa still went and worked in the temple all night after that!


Saturday we had a nice lazy day -- housework, laundry etc.  I took the girls swimming while Dad went to state soccer playoffs. We went to Dickie's pool and it was not heated and it was dang cold.  Like polar bear swim cold.  We didn't stay long!


We got some pots at the DI for plants and painted them too.  They came out pretty cute.


Saturday evening we went and played pickleball again for like 1 1/2 hours.  I think we are going to try to do that 1 or 2 nights a week.  


Next week the girls start volleyball.  Goes for 5 weeks every Wednesday and Saturday.  I'm the team "coach" for both their teams -- the person that arranges the treats and sits with them during the games. They acutally have someone that runs all the practices.  Should be fun!


I think that about sums up this week.  BYU lost.  They have a ton of hurt players.  So, bummer.


I hope you are doing well there.  We love the pictures Nakita shares.  Tell her thank you.  Sounds like her sister is ok after getting hit by the car last week.  True?


Still working on your box.  Planning to get it to you by Halloween so if you think of anything else you need let me know.

Love you lots!  mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...