Skip to main content

10/06/12 Mission age lowered

10/6/12

Holy Smokes.  President Monson just lowered the age of missionaries to go out to 18 effective immediately.  And YW can now go at 19.  That means Dallas could leave as early as the end of May (after he graduates) and Bryce would be just 1 year behind him.  That's pretty big news!  Dallas says he's scared.  Bryce seems kind of excited.  The girls couldn't be happier (they get their own room when they get rid of their next brother).  I'm gonna start saving my money cause that's gonna mean no time for the boys to save money for their missions.  And if they go out as planned we'd have 1 year of $800 per month.  Ouchy.  Oh well, not too worried...if you are willing to serve the Lord finds a way to make it possible, right?!


Conference has been really good.  Lots of talk about missionary work and "I'm a Mormon, live it, love it!" and other positive messages.  Look forward to tomorrow.


The weather here has been perfect today. The sun was shining and it wasn't too hot.  If I could order a day up it would be today (weather wise!)


Things have been super busy -- the cops seem to have a quota thing going or something.  They wrote over 300 tickets last month.  (I think 220 - 240 is usual, sometimes less).  My phone rings incessantly at work.  I took off Thursday for our Anniversary and Friday for a conference and Kathy stayed and kept the office in order.  It feels good to remove myself from the madness!!!!  Monday is Columbus Day so ... YEAH!!! Another day away.   I really feel like I could use a LONG break but this is really great too!


Dad's been working a way lot lately.  St George news.com is keeping him super busy and then of course the Mag.  The next couple of weeks I don't think I'll see much of him.  


Dallas went out with Elder Campbell last Monday night all evening.  Elder Campbell's comp was sick and I guess stayed in (they live with members so I guess that's ok???)  Anyway, they had a nice experience.  I hope to keep the Elder's close and working with Dallas.  The new Elder doesn't seem to click as well with everyone so hopefully Elder C sticks around awhile!


Well I'm writing at night instead of in the morning and I'm struggling!  Too tired to put thoughts together good.  Take care and love you lots! mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

03/27/26 Trip to Italy, Day 4, Friday, Venice to Florence

We headed out around 9 a.m.  and got some breakfast in the train station. We played some games until it was time to go just at a table outside of the restaurant. We traveled from Venice to Florence by train… about 2 hours. It was really comfortable and nice and fun to watch the countryside go by. They even served soda and a snack on the train! Upon arrival we dropped off our luggage at the travel agency. Found some food at a grocery store and ate on a   bench on the street. The streets were sooo busy! We then had a tour of the largest cathedral in Italy, Duomo, the crypt below and Kevin and Becky climbed the bell tower. Over 400 steps to a beautiful view of Florence. Fun fact...every city in Italy has a Duomo -  Duomo means the biggest (most important) chapel in that city.  We walked back to our place…and wow!! It’s on the fourth floor and it is awesome. Very spacious 2B3b with a washer. There was a little tiny elevator to go up to the apartment. It had windows so yo...