Skip to main content

10/14/12 Moulton Cake and Q4U

10/14/12

Sunday has quickly come upon me yet again!  And life is a blur.  I'm trying to remember what went on this week to make it go so quickly!


Let's see....Sunday Grama and pa were gone on their 10 day trip so we stayed home and made chocolate moulton cake (kind of pudding in the middle that comes out when you eat it.  Totally delicious) and we played games.  Monday was Columbus day so everyone went to work and school and I had the day off.  Dad worked some and then we had some time together.  We went to Chili's ... kind of an extension of our anniversary last week (24 years).  So that was nice.  In years past we have gone overnight somewhere but this year we got a house so we figured that was nicer than a night out, right?!  And next year we are going to Hawaii at some point during the year for our 25th Anniversary!!!  Don't know when or which island but we are going to really try to get there!


We had our biggest night ever on Tuesday handling 80 cases between 3-8 p.m.  (And we don't do anything from 4-5 so, yeah, really busy).  There was just one case after another all night long and no trials so I felt like a truck ran me over by the time we finished.  Good thing the computer cooperated and kept up with the Judge and me!


Wednesday I can't remember.  Huh.


Thursday the missionaries needed a ride to the temple so Bryce got dressed up and took them.  They had 2 baptisms on Saturday morning and were doing interviews or something.  While he was there our ward had a temple fireside with pies.  I had signed up to bring one so I made an extra for the kids here so the missionaries and the kids had pie at 9 p.m. when they came back.  Dad had a game in Hurricane that had 2 lightning delays so he was at a ball game from about 5:30 to midnight.  Crazy.  Got soaked and ooogy and stuff.  Then had to work until 3:30 a.m. to get all the stories up and posted.  Long day for him.  Next week he has to do games on Wednesday night cause it's the deer hunt days off for the kids.  Fall break.


Friday we got to go on a real date in the evening since Dad wasn't working.  We went to what used to be Q4U over by Ben and Laura's.  New name, same stuff.  Then we went and visited B&L for awhile.  Taylor looks great.  They have been in park city for a week so he hasn't found a job yet but he plans to hit it hard this week.  They didn't want him to get a job and then have to take a week off first thing so they weren't really trying hard before now.  The kids had 5 friends over with another TV and played 7 player halo or something.  They seemed pretty happy.  The girls had the Riley's over and did the girl thing.  So nobody missed us as we were gone all evening!


Yesterday we went to Gma and pas and had potato bar and then did some work for them.  Sweeping the porch, a little painting, moving some cushions in for the cooler weather. Planting.  Nothing too difficult or long.  The Riley twins got baptized yesterday so me and the girls went to that.  Got to see Nikki Stevens and Sis. Warby and Sis. Lang and the Bakers and Rhaldo Turner, etc.  Everyone was really nice and said they missed us.  Dad and I went for a late stroll about 9 p.m. and that was really nice too.  


It's nice that the kids are growing up and can be left alone for small periods of time and take care of themselves!  


Today we are staying home because there is mission prep tonight.  It is fast Sunday. Again.  (Oops...last Sunday I thought it was fast Sunday and made everybody fast and then it wasn't.  Uh oh.  So I don't know if they will fast again or not!!!)  I am working on making lime chicken and rice and stuff for dinner which I'll probably serve right after church.  


So I better go get everyone up and out of bed and get the meal done and my hair done asap!  Running out of time.  


Hope you really enjoy your last couple of weeks.  It seems like it's really coming at us quickly!  Did you get your package yet?  I think it should arrive this week...???  


No word from BYU.  (although I bet there will be a bunch of spots open up now!!! Ha ha!  Course your future wife was one of them...jk)

XOXO mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...