Skip to main content

11/9/14 Grandma's 76th birthday!

11/9/14

Another busy week here at the Griffin household.  


Grandma turned 76 years old on Monday.  We went to dinner with Grandma and pa, Eldon, Ben and Laura, Wendy and Eddy.  The girls went to Dickie's during dinner and hung out there.  The weather turned cold so even though Wendy and Eddy now have a pool nobody wanted to use it!  (It's actually warmed back up again but that night it was chilly). I can't remember the name of the place we went but it was pricey and slow.  Dinner took 2 hours.  Not my thing.  


Afterward we went over to Dickie's for cake, icecream and soda and the kids.  Maddie was there.  She looked good.  I think she is going to the dr. this week to see if she can get a handle on her emotions. Not sure if she will go back out on her mission or not.  Most recent thing I heard was she didn't want to.  I guess time will tell.  


Dad had an interview at 8 and dinner took so long that we didn't get to stay and socialize much.  But it was a nice little party.  None of Laura's older boys and kids came, just Taylor.  Sad.  Not sure where the disconnect is but there seems to be a bigger and bigger divide in the family.


Tuesday court was big like usual so didn't get home until about 8:30 p.m.


Wednesday the girls did volleyball practice together (Holly went to Katie's practice) while I did piano and then we had a quick dinner.  Holly did the storytelling festival and won 1st place in her catagory.  (She is such a great little story teller).  So we go on to District competition on Friday at 11.  Lauren Riley also won her category and will be going too.  MacKenzie didn't try.  


Holly also submitted an essay for veteran's day (which Katie helped her write) and she was selected to read her essay to the Veteran's on Tuesday at their luncheon.  


So it's been the week to celebrate Holly's greatness!  


Thursday was my 18th anniversary for working at Washington City.  Had a lousy day at work, ha.  Figures, huh?!  Afterward I just wanted to curl up and go to sleep and cry.  Instead Dad and I went and played pickleball while Katie did her Volleyball for YW.  Ran the icky right out of me!  Felt much better.


(I got a new MAC at work and it is bigger, badder, meaner...and DIFFERENT.  And as with any new computer all kinds of things needed the kinks worked out.  And work doesn't slow down while I fix things, ya know?!  So I'm adjusting and I'll probably really like it soon. But it made for a long week!)


Friday dad went up north to cover football playoffs.  I guess all the southern teams made it.  Dixie, PVHS, DH and Hurricane I think.  And they will all travel up north again Thursday and Friday next week and then again the following week.  CRAZY!!!!  So much $ spent to cart all the kids up north when they all live here!!!  So Dad will be gone alot.


The girls and I had fun walking the new Sullivan trail (connects to Telegraph road), making caramel apples and watching movies Friday while dad was gone.


Saturday we had volleyball games.  Both my teams lost every game.  Ouch.  Long day at the rec center with little reward!  


Hobble creek had a development party to get to know everyone.  Clark's put it on.  It was nice.  They had hotdogs and everybody brought sides.  Lots of food.  Got to meet a neighbor or two that we don't know yet.


Played pickleball again last night. It gets dark at 5:30 or 6 p.m. now.  It is hard to drag ourselves out -- it feels so late!


So there you have it.  The usual at the Griffin household.  


I hope you are doing well.  How's the new comp? Change is usually hard.  I hope you are adjusting well to each other.  


Love the most recent pix you sent.  You look so good!  Keep taking pix for me.  I LOVE IT!!!!!  

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you from here.  LOVE YOU!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...