Skip to main content

05/16/16 Birthday week and Laurito's visit



 May 16, 2016

Grandpa Ray Laurito and Grandma Suzanne

Andy, Katie, Holly & Dallas, chilling at Griffin's
Gma Griffin, Kay and Randy Phillips
WOW this weekend went fast and thank goodness I had an emailed reminder or I might have not written.  So Sorry!!!!!
Gma and Gpa Laurito have been staying with us all week so our schedules are a little off! 
This week we have stayed busy doing all the usual stuff plus two!  Monday I went to the chiropractor because I've been having a sore neck (the opposite side from earlier this year).  We had our usual Monday night pizza and then played pickleball late in the evening.  It's getting too hot to play earlier in the afternoon, darn it!
Tuesday I was fortunate to get off by 6:30 p.m. so I was able to have dinner with the family and hang out for the evening!!!  Laurito's came Tuesday evening and we visited a little.
Wednesday the girls had young women's and we went and played pickleball while my dad and Suzanne walked the path down at Sullivan park.  Afterward Gpa Laurito tried pickleball.  He's never played before but he did pretty good!  He just had surgery a month ago on his prostate so I was a little nervous but he did just fine!
Thursday evening Gpa Laurito offered to take us out for dinner.  Since my birthday was Tuesday I got to pick.  I picked Dickie's. What a fiasco!  We went to the Dickies here in Washington and it smelled really burnt in the restaurant.  We waited outside for the grandparents and when we were all ready we went in and the guy at the counter said he was closing the place down because he was the only one working and everything was burning in the back.
So we drove across town to bloomington Dickie's to find two very slow workers.  We stood in line for close to 1/2 hour before getting food.  And there was only a couple of people ahead of us!!!!  The food was great but holy cow, makes me not want to go there again for awhile!  twice!  We had a nice visit and good dinner once we got it!!!

Holly and Katie swimming at Linda's pool

Friday evening we went to see Miracles from Heaven with Laurito's and Marlee.  That was a real tear jerker movie and had a good message.  I think everyone really enjoyed it.
Dad's ending his season so he's working all the time so he wasn't around much Friday and Saturday.
Saturday we mostly hung around the house and then I took the girls swimming for 2 1/2 hours.  Pretty mellow Saturday. Dad and Suzanne spent the evening visiting her brother and his wife.
Sunday we sang in the choir and Dad gave a great lesson on Forgiveness. It was ward conference and we got to see Sister Turner, Brother Condie, Brother Melessa, President Lewis.  It was nice to see our old friends. Brandon Condie wants to come when you do your report.

Holly & Emily (Linda's granddaughter)
 Our lesson this week was really struggling and not coming together. Dad had gone through it a couple of times and also felt like there really wasn't much to it.  I read three different books and 2 ensigns Saturday evening (not cover to cover..you know searching for supplement to the lesson) and couldn't find anything.  Sunday morning at 8:33 (I was supposed to already be at church for choir) I googled and found something.  I went and printed it and then forgot it on the printer. Luckily dad was able to get my text and grab it.




Charity and Linda Hill
As we were reading it we realized it kept referring to a supplemental guide that went with it.  Which I hadn't printed.  We were able to find that online and read it on dad's ipad.  Dad was able to take that print out and give a really great lesson on 3 hours sleep and 30 minutes in sacrament meeting.  He's pretty amazing.
I guess the other point of that story is that we were both praying to find something for our lesson and although it didn't come as early as we'd have liked or as easily as we would have liked, we were guided and able to find what we needed before we needed it and deliver a great message.

Sunday we had dinner at mom's house (meatballs and rice...so delicious!) with Randy and Kay, Laurito's, Griffin's and us.  Dallas and Mck(she had to leave for work).  It was a nice evening and we talked after dinner about church and life etc. 
So we are finishing out the school year now only 8 days left!!! Katie has a concert tomorrow night which she has a solo on her soprano sax and she's pretty excited about that.
Hope you are doing great !  Love you!!! Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/13/26 How Many Cookies?!?!?

  I planned to visit Washington City and go to the ladies luncheon (they do it monthly on shut off day). I found a new recipe that included putting smashed pretzels in the mix. (I had smashed pretzel, cereal mixture leftover from Christmas).  The recipe said it would make 22 cookies. I figured I would triple it and have 66.  Welp...they must have been some BIG cookies they were making...cause I got 126 cookies!!!!  What the heck?! I backed 24 of them and put the rest in the freezer. Someone will have a nice treat another day!