Skip to main content

08/13/16 Trip to Costco finds guy bigger than dad!

Shawn Bradley and Andy Griffin at Coscto

We were walking in Costco getting ready for Bryce's homecoming after party.  We came around the corner and saw this giant guy and Dad said hey there's Shawn.  And I said, Shawn who?!  And Dad said Shawn Bradley.  And then dad said, hey Shawn...my wife just asked Shawn who?!  She didn't know who you were!!!

And Shawn smiled and looked way down at me and said well she's wearing the right shirt anyway (sporting my BYU t-shirt!!!)

For anyone else that is clueless like me, wikipedia says:
Shawn Paul Bradley is an American and German retired basketball player who played center for the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Nets and the Dallas Mavericks in the National Basketball Association.  And I will add...he played at BYU and we actually took a photo with Andy and Shawn at the BYU museum a few weeks back! (see below)

Dad and Shawn talked awhile and Dad invited Shawn to broadcast with him during basketball season.  They exchanged contact information and then I asked Shawn if he would mind me taking a picture of the two of them as I have never, in 27 years, EVER, seen anyone that made Andy look...small!!!

They smiled and I took the picture with my phone.  Dad acted all embarrassed but I assured him he'd thank me later!  I mean, seriously...this is a cool picture!!!

BYU sports museum shadow of Shawn Bradley in the background
taken in July 2016 on our family vacation to Park City.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...