Update: 10/11/18 Back in April Andy had an impression that we were to sell the house. We found a realtor and had some pictures taken and listed our home. At the time I was RS president. Shortly after our home listed I was released as president and Andy was put in as 1st counselor in the bishopric. We decided to continue to try to sell and our contract ran a full 6 months. During that time we had quite a lot of showings but no real interest in our home. We found a couple homes we were interested in but as we worked through things nothing ever fell into place. So after 6 months we let the contract expire and remain here. We are not sure why we had this experience or what we should have learned from it but for now we stay put and enjoy the blessing we have here at 587 S Ali Lane.
The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things). It is an Allen, approximately 1970s. I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ. Cool, eh? Now, I got...












































Comments
Post a Comment