Skip to main content

11/06/22 Hello Girlie

Duvet Covers

 Well here we are. The time has changed and we are officially dark way too early. AND 4 hours off of you now!!!! Holy cow! I really don't like re-adjusting my body to the time change each year and usually feel kind of icky all week after the change. We'll see how I handle it this year!


Our week was pretty quiet last week. My boss was gone 4 days and my other boss 1 day so I just did my own thing all week at work. I don't remember what I did but it went pretty quickly! haha

Wednesday we made caramel apples at YW.  They were yummy. Kinda didn't go as planned because the church had no measuring cups or pans...but ya, whatever. I had brought a little pot that overflowed so we had to be super gentle with it and I did my best guesstimate on the measurements. And that seemed to be fine. But still frustrating! Oh well. The apples turned out tasty and we had a good time. 

Sheets, towels and blankets
Taylor and Kennedy had their baby November 3...Grandma's birthday. I already told you that but pretty special. Grandpa was emotional and loved that she was born on Gma's birthday. 

Today is my 26th anniversary of employment at Washington City. WOW! Time flies when you're having fun!

Dad did 2 ball games in Cedar City Saturday afternoon and evening. Aj and Becca came as well. Becca and I went and hung out with Holly at her hotel while AJ and Dad did the games. We did so much laundry at Holly's place. So much. Seriously. So much. I told AJ he better never buy a hotel. Cause that was brutal! And apparently that's like every day!!!! 😬  We had a really nice time though and there is a certain amount of satisfaction for filling all those shelves with clean fresh linens, towels, blankets, duvets etc. !!!! We shared a pizza on our short dinner break. 

Holly and Becca after hours of laundry

Kelly Geary and I spent an hour together pulling pomegranates off the tree before the game Saturday and then we trimmed it way back for her. Looks real nice. My arms are a bit beat up but we've got a whole lot of pomegranates. Probably well over 200. I ordered an electric juicer to see if we could process it quicker than the press one at a time game we've been playing! haha. 

Hundreds of pomegranates
My YW may come over Wednesday and make Jelly to take home. 

We had Sunday dinner with Gpa and E&D and A&B tonight at 3 p.m. It was a weird day cause I fasted and then didn't get home from church until 1 p.m. Time change meant the clocks were all wrong and I made dinner an hour early. 😂  And then when I realized I really wanted some snacks but also was trying to wait until dinner. Oy!  

As you can see nothing too exciting is going on! Just living life day to day as it comes!

Today in Sunday School our lesson was on Daniel and how he had faith that he could do the things asked of him even before he did them. Also our teacher challenged us to work hard and if there is something we want to change or do, we should commit to do it for just 10 days and try it and see if we can. It's a great challenge and interesting concept. 

One lady said she quit sugar for a day and she hated it. 😂 Comedy in Sunday School. 

He said the changes may not all stick but that we should really consider what we want and take the appropriate actions to make it happen. 


Baby girl Squires (Taylor and Kennedy's 
baby) born on November 3, 2022
Grandma Marva Jean Griffin's birthday

One other funny from church today. A lady got up and bore her testimony for 20 minutes. Only it was more an introduce myself to the ward story time. One of her stories was that when you have eight children you run out names for your children. So his dad told her he started counting. He had ona, twoa, threea, foura, fivea, sixa, sevena, Eighta.  And that is her name, Aida. 








Lots of caramel apples, yum

Caramel apples with chocolate 
and cookies and other treats
yum, yum

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...