Skip to main content

12/04/22 Another week in the books

 Pretty good week -- bought a bunch of poinsettias from Star Nursery and arranged to take the police and fire to the nursing homes. We ended up splitting up into four groups (for four different homes) and the people we saw seemed happy to see us and get their pretty flowers. 


Tuesday we went to the RINQ with the stake YM/YW.  It was kind of funny but I think us old leaders were more skilled in skating then the kids! haha. I had a blast...reminded me of my childhood when we used to regularly skate on Friday nights. 

Thursday evening we went to the Sunshiner's Christmas Party (service club of the chamber of commerce). It was an ugly sweater event and there was a white elephant exchange. It was lots of fun. Yummy dinner. Santa came. 

We brought our "sexy" picture of George from Seinfeld and it was a much sought after gift!  haha.  Surprisingly!!!  It is kind of fun to have the coolest gift to share!  People were fighting over it. 

Saturday I went to Cedar City to spend the day with Holly. (Erik left to go to Oklahoma -- long story -- he'll be back late tonight)  and Holly was lonely.  Also her birthday is coming up and she has finals so we had a mommy daughter day. We went to several thrift stores and walmart and then to lunch at the Brick House. We spent about 5 hours wandering around Cedar City. Even got a car wash. It was fun. I think she was sad for me to go!  I did leave her with supplies to make pretzel rods dipped in caramel and chocolate so she had something to do the rest of Saturday and all day today. 

Church was the usual today -- play with the finks, Sunday school. 

The message I got from Sunday School was that church is a good place to go to find your support group. Life is hard and it is good to have your "people" to help you when the going gets tough. I swear I never even heard of the books we studied today in the Old Testament. Where the heck have I been all my life?!  Good to know there is still new things to learn!

Hope you have a wonderful week and can't wait to hear all about your last week!  xoxo

Mom and Dad












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...