Skip to main content

09/24/23 Good Morning!

Nikki, Shelly, Cami, Ashleigh Turner

As you probably know, since Dad sent you a photo -- we just got back from Ashleigh's homecoming. She starts home MTC tomorrow I think and says she believes she will get to Santiago Chile on November 2. So they must be off a little from your transfer dates.  She says she knows pretty much no Spanish at this point...(I dunno if she was exaggerating ... but scary! right?!)


It was fun to go to the 8th Ward. Erin Madison (Smith) was there -- she was the one who told me about this! and we saw Gary and Laurie Turner, The whole Turner gang, Condie's, Myra Baker, Danny Johnson (he's in the Stake Presidency -- from the 9th ward), Whitney's young and old (young is the bishop), Betenson's, Cardon's, Spriggs, Turek, Hagen, Talbot, Riley, Scotts...I think there's more ... but you get the point. It was really cool to be back in the ward.  

There was actually another farewell same day...someone who recently moved into the ward in the Holm's old house. So lots of people in the chapel!

Yesterday I spent the morning doing yard work -- I'm going around the yard trimming bushes. I thought I'd be able to do the remainder but I only got the side yard done and the trash cans were full and I was tired. So maybe next week I"ll get the back done. Dad had to board-op the BYU game and while he was there the Carnevale's came over (Just Brian, a cousin and Katie) and Sister C. Anna was preparing for homecoming dance (she will be 16 next week!!! what the heck?!) and President was in Philly for work. They are excited for you to come home!!!

Friday I went to the DI and found some signs that we can use for Holly's wedding -- but they needed some touch-up. Dad and I went to Morty's with GPA for lunch and then Holly came over and painted with me. Details are starting to come together for the wedding...we are going to do the marriage in the morning at the Covington home...there are no ADA facilities -- but they said they'd let us use it anyway (they are working on them...that's why we can't have the reception there...TOO many people for a reception).  After the wedding (10 a.m. maybe?) we'll do pictures and then lunch -- just for the family that came to the wedding. We don't know where but maybe the pasta factory or something. 

In the evening we'll do a reception from 6-8 p.m. at the WCCC reception center. We gotta develop the menu still and decorations.

Marlee is working on getting the address labels ready and we just about have the invitation done. Just need to print and stuff it. 

So that's good. We went to family dollar and got frames for pictures for the tables. 

Ruth came to visit this week -- she flew in on Wednesday and I picked her up at the airport and then we had dinner and played pickleball. Thursday she worked all day at Costco (talking about her insurance AETNA benefits to employees). Thursday evening we ate dinner and then just the two of us played singles pickleball and Friday morning she flew out. Pretty quick week but it was fun to have her. It was her first time here at this house and the first time she's slept over since the boys were little I think. 

Not much else going on here. Seems like the weeks have been on super speed mode but I can hardly remember what I've done!  

In church today Ashleigh talked about the Samaritan and how two men of god passed the jew and ignored him before the Samaritan stopped and aided him. She said that we need to love all people regardless of any circumstance or sin or whatever. Just love. Don't Judge. What a great lesson. 

She said she always said love the sinner, hate the sin. And then she realized we're all sinners. So we should just love all people.  Easier said than done! haha. But a great lesson. 

Hope you've had a great week! Look forward to hearing from you! xoxo
Mom

(off to second church now...went to 8th ward sacrament, and now my YW)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08/23/25 Organ

The Washington First Ward Building was sold to the City of Washington. Part of my responsibilities included dispensing of the organ and pianos in the building (along with other things).  It is an Allen, approximately 1970s.  I put the organ up on the auction. There were a couple of other people that were bidding on it, but I ultimately won the bid (for under $100). On the day I won the bid I was able to arrange a mover!!! I paid $250 to have someone from the piano store move it to our house (I have no idea how he managed to get that into the back bedroom....but he did it!!!) Then, it wouldn't work. 😭 I waited for approximately 6 weeks before a guy (who had to be 80 years old) came down from SLC and repaired the organ. (So the organ wasn't actually broken, it had to do with the electricity and the house talking nicely to one another.) It took him a couple of hours to figure it out. He charged about $200 and voila! I have a working church organ.  Cool, eh?  Now, I got...

03/28/26 Trip to Italy, Day 5, Saturday, Florence

We stopped at a local restaurant and got some breakfast tarts and then went to the Academia and saw the statue of David and had a tour. We returned to the same Restaurant and had panini sandwiches for lunch. Then we went to the Uffizi Museum for another tour. We had yummy gelato and took a rest for a while.  We walked through the leather market and to a cool bridge. We walked around the city awhile into we came to a restaurant that was super cute and we ate outside. We had ravioli and pizza. We walked a bit more after dinner and then came back and played games. Academia Statue of David A bum shot Kevin and a cello One of the first pianos ever Early pianos Art in the Uffuzi The ceilings!  Art in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Bridge of Sighs, Florence Shelly in the Bridge  Florence Florence Andy and Shelly in the Uffuzi Art in the Uffuzi Florence Florence Trash bins in Florence Restaurant in Florence Outside in the street...so quaint! Restaurant in Florence Restaurant ...

01/12/26 Just a couple of things going on

Every Monday night we do family night pizza. This has included Eldon and Diane for quite awhile now. They left on a round the world cruise and will be gone from January - May. So we sent them a pic of these two cuties and told them we missed them.  Found this fun scratch off -- you can mark everywhere you've been. We want to travel in our retirement and thought this would be a fun way to keep track of it. (We also have a world map but I think 1 on the wall is enough).  SO this is our little inspiration wall to remind us to get out and see the world! Holly painted this picture on her wall a couple of years ago. I added some words and music notes in vinyl to it. I'm working on turning her bedroom into my music sanctuary.  The WELCOME pineapple sign was starting to peel off. I took off all the vinyl and painted the words instead. Gave it a nice refresh! We signed up for classes at the college too -- currently we are taking World travel, AI (artificial intelligence), Aging an...